Advice desperately needed

samson

Reaction score
I know there have been so many pleas for advice on the subject of shedding, but I'd still like to hear from those with similar experiences.

My brother, who started losing hair rapidly in his mid twenties, went on propecia/minoxidil combo some six months ago and after 3-4 months started seeing noticeable results, which gave him a great boost. In the last few weeks, however, he's been experiencing massive shedding and the hair now seems thinner than when he started the regimen. He's very depressed about it and his confidence has plummeted. It upsets me to see him so demoralised and devastated. I'd like to offer him as much support as I can, and would like to know what are his chances of regrowing the hair he has lost in recent weeks if he perseveres with the current treatment. Is there anything he can add to his regimen to alleviate the shedding?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
everyone on here will either tell you that shedding is a good sign of progress or that it is normal to shed up to 500 hairs a day...or..in other words, we have no solutions to your problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanza

Reaction score
samson said:
I know there have been so many pleas for advice on the subject of shedding, but I'd still like to hear from those with similar experiences.

My brother, who started losing hair rapidly in his mid twenties, went on propecia/minoxidil combo some six months ago and after 3-4 months started seeing noticeable results, which gave him a great boost. In the last few weeks, however, he's been experiencing massive shedding and the hair now seems thinner than when he started the regimen. He's very depressed about it and his confidence has plummeted. It upsets me to see him so demoralised and devastated. I'd like to offer him as much support as I can, and would like to know what are his chances of regrowing the hair he has lost in recent weeks if he perseveres with the current treatment. Is there anything he can add to his regimen to alleviate the shedding?

For start print of the shedding article. It is highlighted in your post. Second get him onto this messgae board. I am too shedding and it sucks and yes is depressing and yes I hate it and have lost confidence.

But talking about it hear makes me feel better. So tell him to join up and chat,