Advice Before Taking Finesteride 1 Mg

Shay5670

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recently bought finasteride and nizoral, i’m looking at advice before i start taking them.

awhat are the steps I should take before taking them? I’ve heard the term bloods, is this a crucial part of going on the drug? I’m very anxious atm that’s all after reading a lot of confusion online

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
You are taking a drug that is going to f&ck with your hormones. You need to monitor yourself for any changes including mental ones like confusion, sleeplessness.
Most likely you will need to be on the drug 6, 8 months or longer so don't get discouraged if you don't see any result after 2 months or so.
Expect changes to your sexual prowess, but if you don't then GOOD!

Take notes. Like write them down.

Some symptoms go away after a few weeks.

If things are not going well, reverse by going on half pills for a few months, then get off the drug if you feel the need.

Most of the symptoms go away after a few months off the drug.

AND you might have fantastic results and start getting thicker and thicker hair.

Shay5670

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are taking a drug that is going to f&ck with your hormones. You need to monitor yourself for any changes including mental ones like confusion, sleeplessness.
Most likely you will need to be on the drug 6, 8 months or longer so don't get discouraged if you don't see any result after 2 months or so.

If things are not going well, reverse by going on half pills for a few months, then get off the drug if you feel the need.

AND you might have fantastic results and start getting thicker and thicker hair.
my main question is when do I start, so I just jump on the drug? Or do I need to have a blood test first? Is there any order to take the finasteride / minoxidil? i’m just so confused

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my main question is when do I start, so I just jump on the drug? Or do I need to have a blood test first? Is there any order to take the finasteride / minoxidil? i’m just so confused
No need for a blood test. Keep taking this drug for at least one year to know it's effectiveness.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
You just jump on it. If you want, try cutting the pill in half and take a half a pill for a few months to warm up to the sides if any.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try all the alternatives before messing with finasteride and im talking from experience. finasteride can do complete opposite from Telogen Effluvium to RH which you lose more hair and/or at a faster rate.

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need for a blood test. Keep taking this drug for at least one year to know it's effectiveness.

This is bad advice. Your doctor may feel it's not necessary because you are using Finasteride to treat hair loss. However, I strongly recommend baseline tests prior to starting any treatment that may effect your endocrine system. One reason to do so is not everyone responds to these drugs the same way. If you have no baseline tests to compare future lab work with you essentially have no idea if Finasteride is working and to what degree.

How do I introduce minoxidil? Do I just start at the same time?

You should never start more than one treatment at the same time, it's a terrible idea and here's why. Say you have an adverse effect, how will you know which one of the two treatments is the culprit? The answer is simple, you wont. One of the most common problems with these drugs is Chronic Telogen Effluvium which doesn't go away until the culprit is discontinued. Always start with one treatment and if after six months you feel like you need a little more help introduce a second treatment. At least if you were to have problem, you will know exactly which treatment is the problem.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try all the alternatives before messing with finasteride and im talking from experience. finasteride can do complete opposite from Telogen Effluvium to RH which you lose more hair and/or at a faster rate.

Do u have pics before and after treatment?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if i looked for them. I went from decent head of hair to slightly diffused thinning to a cancer patience on chemo. My hair is coming back to its baseline but im not sure it will be the same density before i started messing with finasteride

Shay5670

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my plan is to go to the doctor for tests first, start taking the drug and after 6 months if no problem begin mixidil or would you recommend the opposite?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look if you are dead set on finasteride (this is a serious drug)...just stick to that only nd not use minoxidil that way you could gauge if finasteride is actually working for you and not the minoxidil...also, if you are having sides, this will also help you gauge where the sides are coming from.

Last edited:

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

don’t do any of this. take the drug, and don’t think about it. go on with your life. your gonna nocebo yourself if you write down every little thing like a neurotic maniac