Advice And Thoughts Please On Thickening Hairline With Fue

sonypc100

Reaction score
Hi

45 year old male.

I have been using proscar for at least 15 years and minoxidil for 10 and I use Nizoral.

I have always had a high hairline even as a child/teenager but now the front is starting to thin a little and also the hair at the front is quite fine.

The hair at the back of my head is thicker and it also has a slight way to make it look thicker.

So I would like to FUE some from the thicker hair at the back to the hairline at the front and fill it in a bit.

It would be nice to lower my hairline a bit as well but I think this would need many more hairs so I would maybe settle for just the hairline thickening up and not lowering at all - though I would appreciate your views on this.

The last picture is my hair with mouse, wax and a few fibre's.

thanks image2.JPG image3.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image8.JPG unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed.jpg image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image8.JPG unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed.jpg image1.JPG

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

45 year old male.

I have been using proscar for at least 15 years and minoxidil for 10 and I use Nizoral.

I have always had a high hairline even as a child/teenager but now the front is starting to thin a little and also the hair at the front is quite fine.

The hair at the back of my head is thicker and it also has a slight way to make it look thicker.

So I would like to FUE some from the thicker hair at the back to the hairline at the front and fill it in a bit.

It would be nice to lower my hairline a bit as well but I think this would need many more hairs so I would maybe settle for just the hairline thickening up and not lowering at all - though I would appreciate your views on this.

thanksView attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45032 View attachment 45033 View attachment 45034 View attachment 45035 View attachment 45036 View attachment 45037 View attachment 45038 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45032 View attachment 45033 View attachment 45034 View attachment 45035 View attachment 45036 View attachment 45037 View attachment 45038

Hello,

Firstly, I cannot believe that nobody has responded to you in almost a week. Secondly, I would strongly suggest you to put ur story in the success story section as keeping hair on finasteride and minoxidil for over a decade is quite remarkable. I am happy for you that you have been able to do so for such a long period.

Lowering hairline is quite risky perhaps 0.5 cm max ( a very tiny lowering), but not more, your goal is to get a thick forelock and not a low forehead.

Now when it comes to the hair transplant. A FUE hair transplant is certainly going to help you a lot in strenghtening your forelock. The only question now is how much you are willing to spend. You can go to Turkey, Canada, US or Belgium.

Say you need 2000-2500 grafts in your frontal area, prices in Turkey about 2.5 EUR per graft compare to about 5 EUR in Belguim or about 7 CAD in Canada... Thus you hair transplant can cost from 5000+ EUR and higher...

Just search Koray Erdogan (Turkey) or Rahal (don't know), Feriduni (Belgium), Ozgur (Turkey), Hasson and Wong (Canada) etc.
See their results before after section to see what you can expect from getting a hair transplant.

I am sure you will find what you are looking for :)

Best of luck

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

45 year old male.

thanksView attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45032 View attachment 45033 View attachment 45034 View attachment 45035 View attachment 45036 View attachment 45037 View attachment 45038 View attachment 45029 View attachment 45030 View attachment 45031 View attachment 45032 View attachment 45033 View attachment 45034 View attachment 45035 View attachment 45036 View attachment 45037 View attachment 45038

dude, you are a prime candidate. find a GOOD, REPUTABLE hair transplant surgeon and go for it. I would just fill in the hair line and temples with a good amount of grafts. it will look great.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow great hair for your age man . you had decent result with propecia that is why you add minoxidil ?
do you use minoxidil foam or liquid ? on your crown and hairline ?

great hair man.

sonypc100

Reaction score
Hello,

Firstly, I cannot believe that nobody has responded to you in almost a week. Secondly, I would strongly suggest you to put ur story in the success story section as keeping hair on finasteride and minoxidil for over a decade is quite remarkable. I am happy for you that you have been able to do so for such a long period.

Lowering hairline is quite risky perhaps 0.5 cm max ( a very tiny lowering), but not more, your goal is to get a thick forelock and not a low forehead.

Now when it comes to the hair transplant. A FUE hair transplant is certainly going to help you a lot in strenghtening your forelock. The only question now is how much you are willing to spend. You can go to Turkey, Canada, US or Belgium.

Say you need 2000-2500 grafts in your frontal area, prices in Turkey about 2.5 EUR per graft compare to about 5 EUR in Belguim or about 7 CAD in Canada... Thus you hair transplant can cost from 5000+ EUR and higher...

Just search Koray Erdogan (Turkey) or Rahal (don't know), Feriduni (Belgium), Ozgur (Turkey), Hasson and Wong (Canada) etc.
See their results before after section to see what you can expect from getting a hair transplant.

I am sure you will find what you are looking for :)

Best of luck

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I was becoming a bit despondent when I kept refreshing and not getting a single reply - especially as I had uploaded pictures which some people fail to do but still want advice.

In the week that has passed I have contacted 2 well known/recommended people on here 1 in Turkey and 1 in Belguim.

Turkey is quoting 3000 grafts at 8000 euros over 2 days and Belgium 2000 grafts also for 8000 euros over 1 day.

I am thinking if I am going to put myself through it and I feel that both will offer a good, safe, reliable result then I may as well go to Turkey and have the extra 1000 grafts for the same price.

However Turkey is suggesting a slight lowering of the hairline with a density of 50.

I have always had a high hair line (even through my teenage years) so I am not trying to rectify receeding as such but I guess a slight lowering would be nice.

But the main result is the thicker hair in from my donor area bulking out my hairline.

I need to make a decision soon as both are booking into February 2017 and I would like to get it done while we still have the sunsetting at 5pm in the UK.

Any other points I should consider would be gratefully received.

sonypc100

Reaction score
wow great hair for your age man . you had decent result with propecia that is why you add minoxidil ?
do you use minoxidil foam or liquid ? on your crown and hairline ?

great hair man.

I added minoxidil as I didnt want to lose any hair on my crown, I am not sure if it works or not or maybe I would have always had a full crown who knows?!

I started on the foam but then I read that the liquid penetrates better and I purchased about 12 months of liquid. However I find it dries on my crown and becomes white and flaky (like big dandruff) so as soon as I have used up all the liquid I will go back to foam.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so after 5 years of propecia you have added minoxidil to your crown , not to your hairline ?nosides with propecia or minoxidil ?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
In the week that has passed I have contacted 2 well known/recommended people on here 1 in Turkey and 1 in Belguim.

Turkey is quoting 3000 grafts at 8000 euros over 2 days and Belgium 2000 grafts also for 8000 euros over 1 day.

I am thinking if I am going to put myself through it and I feel that both will offer a good, safe, reliable result then I may as well go to Turkey and have the extra 1000 grafts for the same price

Could you tell us doctors you are choosing for ? :) Hairline lowering could be risky and you should insist not get you hairline lowered. I would say that you need about 2200 - 2500 grafts. Talk to the Turkish guys that you don't want your hairline lowered, I am sure they can accomodate to your expectations :)

Also have you considered using RU/neogenic for your hairline ?

sonypc100

Reaction score
Could you tell us doctors you are choosing for ? :) Hairline lowering could be risky and you should insist not get you hairline lowered. I would say that you need about 2200 - 2500 grafts. Talk to the Turkish guys that you don't want your hairline lowered, I am sure they can accomodate to your expectations :)

Also have you considered using RU/neogenic for your hairline ?

For Turkey it is Koray and Dogan and for Belgium it is Basinga

Ok, when I say lowered, I probably just mean filling at the lowest point to where the hair goes not actually lowering the whole hairline down an inch or anything.

Never heard of RU/neogenic so I will take a look now and research it a little.

Also you sent me a PM to which I replied....

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the hairline could do with lowering, just a small amount. 2k grafts should do it, ******** will give you that. Erdogan will quote you 3k grafts. Both good hairline docs.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@sonypc100
First of all, congrats on your success. Some people on this website don't believe finasteride will work long term despite there being numerous studies showing that it does.

Secondly, do you mind sharing a picture of how your hair was when you first started? If not, how would you say your hair now compares to when you first started?

I do not believe you even need a hair transplant considering your hair is good for your age, but I understand and see that you do have thin temples. I think your transplant will be a huge success since you don't need much. Best of luck to you!

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
For Turkey it is Koray and Dogan and for Belgium it is Basinga

Ok, when I say lowered, I probably just mean filling at the lowest point to where the hair goes not actually lowering the whole hairline down an inch or anything.

Never heard of RU/neogenic so I will take a look now and research it a little.

Also you sent me a PM to which I replied....

The message was just to let you know that there is a reply on your initial post as you get an email notification when someone sends you a personal message, but not when you get a reply on your posts.

The doctors you selected are very good, the question now is what you want as you final result. I'd say cost wise it is sensible to go to Turkey and I also like the idea of a 2 day surgery instead of just 1 day. A general rule used to be to do a max of 1500 grafts a day, which could be outdated with better harvesting and planting techniques. On the other hand, substantial hairline lowering could be an issue and thus if you decide to go Turkey, just make sure that you let them know that you do not want you hairline lowered too much.

FYI, I also plan to go to Erdogan in September 2017, as I had a hair transplant 3 months ago. It was only about 760 grafts, but I wanted and needed about 2000. The doctor who did my hair transplant is super prudent and does not do dense packing or proper hairlines as he is not a fan of finasteride and thus wants to save grafts for later on and also does not believe that any new treatments will get released soon. I kinda understand him...

Erdogan has not quoted anything yet as he needs to see how my hair transplant looks after 6-8 months.

Have a read about RU, which is an anti-androgen applied topically and neogenic used as vehicle to dissolve the RU powder.
Should work as finasteride applied topically without sides. Lots of guys on this forum use it. RU was tested in 2000's, but the company had decided against market release. The patent has expired and some labs have started making it.

sonypc100

Reaction score
@sonypc100
First of all, congrats on your success. Some people on this website don't believe finasteride will work long term despite there being numerous studies showing that it does.

Secondly, do you mind sharing a picture of how your hair was when you first started? If not, how would you say your hair now compares to when you first started?

I do not believe you even need a hair transplant considering your hair is good for your age, but I understand and see that you do have thin temples. I think your transplant will be a huge success since you don't need much. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

I dont really think I have a hair pic before I started - it was way before iPhones and forums like this did not exist.

I can have a search around for an old printed pic maybe.

My hairline was also high even as a teenager so I dont think I have receeded much but it has thinned out.

The back of my head has seemed to getting a big thicker over the years and a bit of a natural wave to it, though when I was younger it was cut much shorter to maybe I just didnt notice.

sonypc100

Reaction score
The message was just to let you know that there is a reply on your initial post as you get an email notification when someone sends you a personal message, but not when you get a reply on your posts.

The doctors you selected are very good, the question now is what you want as you final result. I'd say cost wise it is sensible to go to Turkey and I also like the idea of a 2 day surgery instead of just 1 day. A general rule used to be to do a max of 1500 grafts a day, which could be outdated with better harvesting and planting techniques. On the other hand, substantial hairline lowering could be an issue and thus if you decide to go Turkey, just make sure that you let them know that you do not want you hairline lowered too much.

FYI, I also plan to go to Erdogan in September 2017, as I had a hair transplant 3 months ago. It was only about 760 grafts, but I wanted and needed about 2000. The doctor who did my hair transplant is super prudent and does not do dense packing or proper hairlines as he is not a fan of finasteride and thus wants to save grafts for later on and also does not believe that any new treatments will get released soon. I kinda understand him...

Erdogan has not quoted anything yet as he needs to see how my hair transplant looks after 6-8 months.

Have a read about RU, which is an anti-androgen applied topically and neogenic used as vehicle to dissolve the RU powder.
Should work as finasteride applied topically without sides. Lots of guys on this forum use it. RU was tested in 2000's, but the company had decided against market release. The patent has expired and some labs have started making it.

Got you on the PM - I thought it was some sort of coded message you had sent me!

At the moment it is looking like Turkey for around 3k all in 1 day. I remember reading most do a max of 1500 in 1 day so double that does seem a lot.

As long as its safe and the results are as good in a way I would rather have it all done in 1 long day than have to go back for a second day - but obviously a second day is nothing if it is something for the rest of your life.

I can only trust in the reputation of the Dr and presume he doubles the team to do the work on the day and speeds things up.

Good luck with yours and yes I will have a read up on RU.

sonypc100

Reaction score
so you have been on minoxidil for 10 years ? that is not too much of an hassle ?

Not really, its in the bathroom so when I clean my teeth I just put it on, of course it's one more thing to remember to do and I have to remember to purchase it but I wouldn't really call it a hassle.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you have used the foam for many years or the liquid? because your result are just great man

sonypc100

Reaction score
so you have used the foam for many years or the liquid? because your result are just great man

I started liquid moved to foam, then read an article that the liquid penetrates the hair better so I moved back to liquid (when I first started foam was not available) but now with the issue of the liquid drying flaky white on my head I am intending to go back to the foam