adverse?

williteverend

Reaction score
I started taking propecia in march of 2004. I started taking it because i was noticing fall out and it was beginning to really frighten me so i decided to get a rx to the drug. I was watching a video from february of myself giving a speach to a classroom. I dont think i was ever truly losing my hair, and i think that finasteride has had only a negative effect on my hair because there seems to be a lot of f*****g mineraturization. No one ever once said it looked like i was losing my hair. I think i painted myself into a major corner. Could i quit finasteride? or would that be the ultimate no no? Is it possible that someone who decided to take finasteride too early would have a negative reaction?

williteverend

Reaction score
i am at month 7 of finasteride and i just went to the bathroom and ran my hands through my shaved head and i lost about 250 hairs in about 2 minutes. this is the largest shed and if this isnt a shed i dont know what the f*** is.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate, am at month 7 1/2 as well and I'm shedding like a dog (has been for the last 3 weeks and a bit). Apparently it's normal and a lot of people go through a shed at that time on Propecia. Just give it time. I hard though I know....

Nobody ever told me I was losing hair before treatment either - damn, my girlfriends says she can't honestly see any evidence that I am at this point either! All this doesn't matter though because I know I am - and if you started treatment I am sure you knew too. Before this whole hairloss thing became an issue I never noticed when people where balding - hell, I never even noticed that one of my friends is severely balding. My point is that people don't pay attention to this - but when you know, you know!

I am pretty sure that finasteride would have no bad effect on your hair if it wasn't male pattern baldness. Hang in there..... ... .