Adipose Stem Cells Trial Out Of S Korea

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been a series of treatments coming from adipose stem cells, studies from Japan and Korea a good 10 years ago and I believe a company called Kerastem is already offering this too in the UK.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Only 16 weeks - hard to tell if just growth of hair vs thicker and/or new hair.

upload_2020-5-18_13-53-38.png

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like there might be some benefit but I'm not sure. Also, keep in mind that hair counts were done and the diameter of shafts were measured both pre and post treatment. If the hair counts and diameters improve after treatment then that's good enough for me to think that this is an effective treatment worth trying if there's evidence that the active ingredient passes through the scalp skin down to the follicles. A few things to consider:

1. Other fat treatments for hair loss appear to be different from this one.

2. This treatment involves repeatedly applying adipose secretions in a solution to the twice daily whereas Kerastem and other adipose treatments inject adipose cells or secretions once or once every few months or so. This new treatment is trying to get the secretions to the follicles twice daily every day.

3. This treatment was only used for 16 weeks and it might be more effective if it's used longer.

4. Can this be marketed soon?

5. Does anyone know if the excretions in the topical solution are small enough that they pass through the scalp skin? That seems like an important question.

UPDATE: After reading the study it's evident that the treatment is effective and it might be even more effective if used longer than the 16 weeks it was used in the study. Hair counts and hair diameters increased after usage according to counts and measurements. The increase isn't big enough to cause an obvious change in appearance but perhaps it would be if the patient used the treatment longer than 16 weeks.

Last edited:

R_gesus

Reaction score
Seems very weird that the hair counts were so low. In the study it mentions hair counts per cm2 so i dont know if that means something else, but 17 per cm2 is a almost smooth bald spot. You think that they would have had a little more variability in there given that the pictures show the patients were not all completely bald. Also whats up with the placebo increase? Maybe their method for counting hair was not great, because that seems like a significant increase. Also, i hope that the results were all equal between genders, and that the females didn’t skew them one way or the other.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang on this is another stem cell condition medium treatment. Think ngf-574h, AAPE and so forth.

Sweuser

Reaction score
Only 16 weeks - hard to tell if just growth of hair vs thicker and/or new hair.

View attachment 142527

I would say this part should be included:

FIGURE 1 Example of global photographs taken using a phototrichogram at baseline (A), 8 weeks (B), and 16 weeks (C) after ADSC-CE application in the ADSC-CE group (left) and the placebo group (right). ADSC-CE, adipose-derived stem cell constituent extract

I do encourage everyone who don't trust phototrichograms to see the high resolution photos in the study.

OT The authors said they couldn't prove the medium reached the follicles in histologic samples. I guess one would want to see It's efficacy combined with needling.

The medium is from T-stem Inc. butit doesn't seem to be available for individuals.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds promising. They don't remove any skin or anything from you? Also when could we expect this to come out? Price predictions?

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Product on amazon factor five serum first ingredient is adipose human derived stem cells
Marketed for anti-aging I just purchased and will try on left temple twice a day as it’s expensive
$70 for .35 ml

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Product on amazon factor five serum first ingredient is adipose human derived stem cells
Marketed for anti-aging I just purchased and will try on left temple twice a day as it’s expensive
$70 for .35 ml
Cool - so i could use that product as well in the following Mixture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-003835_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-003835_YouTube.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 225

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like another snake oil but if you are willing to put the money and the time finding out, sure why not.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
$70 for .35 ml

How do you suppose they keep the stem cells alive?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Any serum that says "stem cells", is a marketing gimmick.

To the detriment of gullible customers who believe in what's written on a bottle. Best case scenario there are adipose stem cells in the serum. They are just dead.