Aderans Research

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone new about aderans research and if hair cloning is coming close cause htere has been alot of speculation that in 2014 or 2015 hair cloning will become availabe.

I myself am balding not yet bald i can wait 2 to 3 yearsfor hair cloning i am still good on hair and i really dont want to take finasteride because i am scared of it even though my urologist told me that everyside effect i could get would be reversible once i stop taking it .

P.S. I'M 23 BTW I JUST ASKED HIM IF I COULD GET STERYLE FROM IT HE SAID HE HAS MANY PATIENTS TAKING BUT WHEN THEY WANT TO GET THEIR WIFES PREGNANT THEY JUST STOP TAKING IT FOR THAT AMOUNT OF TIME.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
I concur, but i was wondering if aderans research is a close posibility ? Because ive been hearing alot about it.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.aderansresearch.com. I'm thinking they just finished Phase II of clinical trials, but I'm not 100% sure. They were auctioning off their stuff recently, and people thought they were closing. Apparently someone contacted them from another forum, and they are just selling their old stuff. Still on the way to Phase III. ANYTHING CAN STILL HAPPEN...

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
Good to know they are not closing. hope that hair cloning becomes available in the near future, i am hoping in 2014 - 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

It has been 16 years since propecia came out, proving that it is effective why havent they tried to perfect it, Couldnt they have found a way for the drug not to have side effects?
The drug has decreased in sales since 2010, when people became more aware of the side effects. Maybe that should be a wake up call for the people at mercks to improve their drug.

If i go bald i will get a hair transplant, the only thing that bothers me is that people are telling me, if i get a hair transplant i will have to start taking propecia. is it true?

Does anyone believe that there will ever be a cure for baldness? Does anyone now of another company besides aderans working on some kind of cure?
Will hair cloning be a possiblity? What surprises me is that this is a billion dollar industry( hair transplant) and hair transplantats have been around since the late 1950s the early 1960s offcourse back then it was too little hair for anyone to care but my point is it has been 60 years since it first appeared did they just realize in 2002 that they should try and improve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
It has been 16 years since propecia came out, proving that it is effective why havent they tried to perfect it, Couldnt they have found a way for the drug not to have side effects?

medical science can't do everything. There's rarely ever a 'perfect' solution to a health problem.

The drug has decreased in sales since 2010, when people became more aware of the side effects. Maybe that should be a wake up call for the people at mercks to improve their drug.

the media hysteria and lawsuits no doubt haven't helped Propecia sales, but the recent patent expiry will only have compounded that. Even back in the 90s when it first came on the market, Merck described Propecia sales as 'disappointing'

I would expect Merck to now wash their hands of the drug (and I wouldn't blame them) rather than 'improve' it, which is probably not possible anyway.

If i go bald i will get a hair transplant, the only thing that bothers me is that people are telling me, if i get a hair transplant i will have to start taking propecia. is it true?

yes because any part of the scalp that isn't transplanted could continue to bald, unless you get the entire Norwood area transplanted which I doubt is practical or possible for most men.

Does anyone believe that there will ever be a cure for baldness?

definitely, but it will always be 'only 5 years away'... even in Captain Picard's time

goingon24

Reaction score
Most stem cell therapy's coming out in the near future (if they do) is really just going to maintain all of the hair you have from falling out. That's what it appears to be right now so that's the only reason im taking finasteride right now is so i can save as much hair as possible currently and switch over. Don't really like the thought of taking finasteride my whole life, but i doubt i will if research continues.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Most stem cell therapy's coming out in the near future (if they do) is really just going to maintain all of the hair you have from falling out. That's what it appears to be right now so that's the only reason im taking finasteride right now is so i can save as much hair as possible currently and switch over. Don't really like the thought of taking finasteride my whole life, but i doubt i will if research continues.

though in the US at least, if a Republican government is in power it may hinder progress as they serve the interests of the anti-stem cell research, bible-bashing brigade

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
Fair points Quantum cat, but do you truly believe there wont be a cure? and that it will always be 5 years away? Come on dont be a pessimist, they have never given an exact time for a cure expect for in 2010 when they said hair cloning is well underway. Now do you believe that hair cloning is impossible? Cause i believe it is very possible and we are getting close it. "Japanese Researchers able to grow hair on bald mouse"I am not saying this conclusive proof but its a start. Furthermore my uncle got a hair transplant of the whole norwood area and to be honest it looks great ,he doesn't take propecia and his transplant was done 3 years ago and he has not gone bald.

Now if i may ask the Forum, who here believes that hair cloning is a near and true possibility ?? Also does anyone believe that replicel will come up with a cure?

P.S. : Great discussion, lot of helpful answers and good debate. :)

Regards.

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
though in the US at least, if a Republican government is in power it may hinder progress as they serve the interests of the anti-stem cell research, bible-bashing brigade

Republicans are against "fetal stem cell" usage. Regarding hair(and a lot of things), researchers are using follicle stem cells. I agree with you most times, but not on this one.

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
Republicans are against "fetal stem cell" usage. Regarding hair(and a lot of things), researchers are using follicle stem cells. I agree with you most times, but not on this one.

IDW2BB does this mean you believe theres a future for stem cell research and for a product to be available in the near future?

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
FYI, Aderans has cut off funding to ARI so you can cross them off the list. Unless they can find funding somewhere other than the company that owns them, Aderans is toast.

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
FYI, Aderans has cut off funding to ARI so you can cross them off the list. Unless they can find funding somewhere other than the company that owns them, Aderans is toast.

Yeap i pretty much figured so i am counting on replicel a whole lot they seem verrryy legit and have started their secon clinical trial honestly i dont care for the cure as much as way better transplant if i can have enought suppy for a full scalp transplant that looks great i am good. Much like hair cloning that is more possible. So what is your opinion on Replicel?

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeap i pretty much figured so i am counting on replicel a whole lot they seem verrryy legit and have started their secon clinical trial honestly i dont care for the cure as much as way better transplant if i can have enought suppy for a full scalp transplant that looks great i am good. Much like hair cloning that is more possible. So what is your opinion on Replicel?
ARI was in phase II as well with their method. Replicel just got a $4 million bump from a different company in Japan, does that make them more legit?:dunno: But it does keep them alive.....so they have a fighting chance.:firing:

LuckySlevin

Reaction score
ARI was in phase II as well with their method. Replicel just got a $4 million bump from a different company in Japan, does that make them more legit?:dunno: But it does keep them alive.....so they have a fighting chance.:firing:

Sparx, you gave me your reasons and i understand. AND IDW2BB i do believe they have a fighting chance because of shiseidos boost and the patents as a business point of view a business would not commit to invest and patent its technology if there is actually nothing 2015. Will tell. I do not believe it will be the complete cure but it will be the start.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx, you gave me your reasons and i understand. AND IDW2BB i do believe they have a fighting chance because of shiseidos boost and the patents as a business point of view a business would not commit to invest and patent its technology if there is actually nothing 2015. Will tell. I do not believe it will be the complete cure but it will be the start.

I think at the end of the day, Replicel does show something...but unless it's cosmetically acceptable results, no one is going to fork out the $$$$ for it...and the jury is still out on cosmetically acceptable results...their early reports don't really show promising results with respect to this...it will be something, but will be enough?? I don't think it will