Adenosine Shiseido, Which Product Is The Most Potent?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking at Hells report from the hair conference, shiseido seems to have a poster that shows some regrowth using their adenosine product.
If i wantes to try this, can anyone suggest which one would likely be the most benefit for regrowth?
They have tonics, shampoos, conditioners, gels.... not sire where to start
Thanks Team Bald and Hopeless!!

Dantes90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I can only speak for the following product Shiseido Adenogen Hair Energizing formula Hair Treatment for Men,150 ml / 5 oz since that is what I used a few years back. My results with it were not that good at all in terms of regrowth or maintenance. I was not using finasteride with it initially, however even after I started to use propecia in conjunction with adenogen for 10 months, it produced nowhere near the results that 5% minoxidil with propecia gave me even after one month of usage. I have read somewhere that it should have similar efficacy to 5% minoxidil but I have not found that to be true personally. I however have not tried any of their other products so I am not sure about those.

Here is the link to the study which I found off another site hlc2020

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24183218/

“Topical application of a solution with 0.75% adenosine had the same effects to minoxidil 5% in the regulation of hair growth cycle and recovery of hair loss. According to the patient satisfaction rate, adenosine was superior to minoxidil in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia because it could prevent hair loss faster and stimulate hair growth more desirably.”

Last edited:

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Adenogan is the right. minoxidil is in my eyes way better (study is telling sth different). But it does something If you can add it to your routine why not.

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume that Adenosine and minoxidil are fighting hairloss from different angles, right? Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to combine them

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did not like their product at all. No results - hair looked worse after 6 months.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously i never heard any AAG-man who had success with Adenosine. I use it too in my minoxidil as raw...but minoxidil is definitively way better.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously i never heard any AAG-man who had success with Adenosine. I use it too in my minoxidil as raw...but minoxidil is definitively way better.
A fair amount of people use adenosine triphosphate instead of adenosine powder by mistake. Pure adenosine is what makes a difference for hair loss, so that could be an explanation for your lack of results.

But hanging around in forums for a while I do not recall anyone having results for Adenosine either, despite the literature claiming it to be an alternative to minoxidil.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Using foam in the AM and RU mixed in adenosine In the evening and it saved my hair. Previously spent years in foam and procecia alone with awful results

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow what a letdown. I know i havent heard anyone here touting it either, but i didnt realize it did this little to help. I guess i wont be giving this a go. Thanks for all the input

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Using foam in the AM and RU mixed in adenosine In the evening and it saved my hair. Previously spent years in foam and procecia alone with awful results
RU mixed with minoxidil could potentially be better than with adenosine then, if what everyone else is saying is true

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can I buy this?