ADENOGEN

Bismarck

Reaction score
will be released in 3 weeks. Does anyone know a site that is goinig to sell that stuff ?

Bismarck

Reaction score
Shiseido to launch hair loss treatment

14/12/2004 - Shiseido is to launch Adenogen, a new treatment for hair loss.

Adenosine is one of the in vivo substances that exists in the human body and the company’s extensive research on the substance has shown that it directly affects the hair papillae, a key part of the chemical reaction required to grow human hair. Consequently this substance influences the production of FGF-7, which is key to hair growth, and helps to speed up and encourage the process.

Japan’s Corporate News reported that from this finding Shiseido has developed a hair growth substance called Adenosine, which has been given approval as an active ingredient for medicated cosmetic products by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.

The company says that it plans to launch its own patented hair growth product for male pattern baldness under the name Adenogen, using Adensosine as a key ingredient. No launch date has as yet been confirmed for international markets.

Shiseido has been carrying out pioneering research into hair growth solutions from its Life Science Research Centre in Yokohama. The research team has been making advances towards a possible treatment for baldness by researching TGF-beta2, a substance that is said to influence the growth of hair cells.

The company already markets a number of leading hair-growth treatments which are sold internationally. They include its Intensive Hair Treatment Mask, which uses ingredients that replicate hair cells to build up thinning hair.

Shiseido is also active in the skin care segment and recently announced the development of a new UV protection technology in conjunction with BASF for high SPF treatments.

Bismarck

Reaction score
I think Adenogen could be a great addition to a standard regimen (e.g. BIG3).
The study says it does a good job at thickening vellus hair.

bis

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it going to be sold as a prescription medicine by doctors?

Bismarck

Reaction score
gonna_win said:
Is it going to be sold as a prescription medicine by doctors?

I think it will be handled as a "cosmetic product" or so. Shiseido is no pharma - company.

bis

Chicano

Reaction score
Maybe you need to download something in order to see japanese types...i guess...

Bismarck

Reaction score
Shiseido will at least win the design prize,

ad7az.jpg

Roadkill

Reaction score
This stuff is going to cost a fortune. I imagine around $80 a bottle when you factor in the international shipping (I had read a report quoting $60-$70 as the price tag). While the abstract of the study using adenosine looks interesting, I don't really have too much faith in something released as a hair "tonic". Additionally, with Lion corp's Innovate proving to be merely hype, I have my doubts. We shall see shortly. Hopefully they'll release some photos when they launch it.

Anyone here going to go for it? Keep us apprised if you do.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Roadkill said:
This stuff is going to cost a fortune. I imagine around $80 a bottle when you factor in the international shipping (I had read a report quoting $60-$70 as the price tag). While the abstract of the study using adenosine looks interesting, I don't really have too much faith in something released as a hair "tonic". Additionally, with Lion corp's Innovate proving to be merely hype, I have my doubts. We shall see shortly. Hopefully they'll release some photos when they launch it.

Anyone here going to go for it? Keep us apprised if you do.
How long does a bottle of this sh*t last? A month or so? Hopefully longer for that price, but if it meets up to its claims, it very well would be worth it.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Yep. I think it lasts a month or so.
BUT: I guess 30$ of these 70$ are for the bottle so mixing the stuff at home would be much cheaper though adenosine is hard to get, some user already made there own sophora solution.

bis