Adding tretinoin to minoxidil solution possible?

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Is this possible, given that you seem to only need a tiny amount? I'd like to add it to my minoxidil liquid for simplicity.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mix them on the scalp well with estrogen in my case but you could use minoxidil as a carrier. Estrogel works better on the face. You don't need much of that stuff but I have had good facial results. Because it is similar to oral minoxidil I don't know if the retin a is helping or not but a couple of times a week I put it on my hairline, well my crown filled in all the but any thin spots. Adaptagel spreads more easily but I guess it is weaker. It's over the counter, though.
Your crown filled up due retinol? My crown is pain and just doesn't seem to respond

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
I mix them on the scalp well with estrogen in my case but you could use minoxidil as a carrier. Estrogel works better on the face. You don't need much of that stuff but I have had good facial results. Because it is similar to oral minoxidil I don't know if the retin a is helping or not but a couple of times a week I put it on my hairline, well my crown filled in all the but any thin spots. Adaptagel spreads more easily but I guess it is weaker. It's over the counter, though.
Thanks. Looks like you are using a pre-mixed gel. What I've read thus far suggests you only need a tiny amount % wise, and too much has the opposite effect, which may make adding powder to minoxidil tricky. Just wondered if anyone has tried it.