Adding dutasteride twice a week to Finasteride

AussieM

Reaction score
Alright so I have been taking Propecia once a day for 2.5 years for temple/hairline regrowth. After the first six months wow I was stoked! I managed to grow back alot of my temples, obviously not to a teenage year but alot better than what it originally was. After 2.5 years I have tried many different minoxidil's, SOD's, shampoos etc but have always stuck with Propecia and I believe it has been the biggest factor for helping my hair loss. About six months ago my hairline started slipping again and my temples started thinning out. Perhaps it was from my change of minoxidil treatments etc whatever.

But now the big question is, I have ordered dutasteride from inhousepharmacy online because I have read that taking dutasteride once or twice a week whilst taking Propecia/finasteride daily can create amazing results. May I ask all of your knowledgeable brains what are your thoughts on this? Should I try it or just make the switch from finasteride to dutasteride? Will that cause a shed because obviously I am not keen for another shed and just want to thicken up those damn temples again :pirate:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just done the same thing, finasteride for almost 3 years, added dutasteride 3 times a week, intend to take it down to twice a week next month.
I haven't had a shed since adding dutasteride one month ago, hopefully that means I won't shed.
Week 1. dutasteride on Monday, finasteride other days
Week 2. dutasteride on Monday and Friday, finasteride other days.
Weeks 3 and 4 dutasteride on Mon, Wed and Fri, finasteride other days.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
I did it too,but sides got much worse after 3 months of adding dutasteride.Practically no energy and waking up tired morning as I havent sleeped at all,brain fog. Also depression got worse. Before 3 years on finasteride with little to no sides.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did it too,but sides got much worse after 3 months of adding dutasteride.Practically no energy and waking up tired morning as I havent sleeped at all,brain fog. Also depression got worse. Before 3 years on finasteride with little to no sides.

How soon after starting dutasteride did you get sides?

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
After about 3 months,started in January.This was actually 2th try. I tried in November but got face rash after 14 days,so I quit and then started in Jan again.No rash this time,but other sides after 3 months. I dropped at the start of may. Still got the sides,its maybe 10% better but still. After I finish my exams this month going again on it. Stop hairloss or die. **** it

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you can attribute a rash to dutasteride tbh... Why did you switch? Did finasteride stop working or did you want more gains/a stronger preventative?

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
You can,its listed side effect and other ppl have been reporting it too in the past,very few tho. finasteride started to lose effect,hairloss started proggresing noticeably more,finasteride never halted it.I have very agressive loss.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah ok, my mistake. In that case, do what you must, we all have to weigh up our priorities, and our personal appearance takes precedence over a lot of things.