Adding Dutasteride To Finasteride? No Results On Finasteride

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 14 months now, and my hair has become worse. The shedding has never stopped, it has become ridiculously thin. Has anyone ever added dutasteride every other day and had better results?

My reg:
minoxidil twice daily
1mg finasteride daily
Dermarolling once a week

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 14 months now, and my hair has become worse. The shedding has never stopped, it has become ridiculously thin. Has anyone ever added dutasteride every other day and had better results?

My reg:
minoxidil twice daily
1mg finasteride daily
Dermarolling once a week
Yup, I know people that have and it made a difference and theres those that haven't had improvement on duta. I too am at 14months of finasteride with no results besides alright maintenance. However I am not dermarolling nor applying minoxidil.

With your current regime... duta would be the next step.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a solid regimen. If you're still losing ground you have some really bad genes, which means you're going to need dutasteride every day. Just drop finasteride.
My hair was no where near as bad before I started finasteride. I had thinning of the crown and temples 2 years ago. I started minoxidil twice a day, within 5 months I had amazing results. Month 7 I noticed hair shedding again.

I was told to 'ride it out' for another 6 months but the shedding didn't stop. 12 month mark I jumped on finasteride, and ever since then the shedding has been twice as worse. It knocks me sick how bad it is now :(

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair was no where near as bad before I started finasteride. I had thinning of the crown and temples 2 years ago. I started minoxidil twice a day, within 5 months I had amazing results. Month 7 I noticed hair shedding again.

I was told to 'ride it out' for another 6 months but the shedding didn't stop. 12 month mark I jumped on finasteride, and ever since then the shedding has been twice as worse. It knocks me sick how bad it is now :(
If you’ve only been on finasteride for 2 months... thats not enough.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’ve only been on finasteride for 2 months... thats not enough.
He's been on it for 14 months. If it's not working by now he needs dutasteride.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's been on it for 14 months. If it's not working by now he needs dutasteride.

I've read some horror stories about taking dutasteride daily. Then again I've also read if finasteride hasn't worked then neither will dutasteride, so I don't know what else options are :(

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not advocating it. I thought the part about gyno surgery would tip you off to that.
The gyno could be dealt with, but erectile dysfunction and diminished orgasms / libido would be a greater problem + not to mention mental / emotional sides.

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No kidding. I didn't think I needed to add all that when it was quite obviously a joke. I'm not even on estradiol myself, and I'm on pretty much everything, so why would I tell other people to take it?
The thing is, that desperate people wouldn't distinguish between if taking spironolactone + E was satire or not (most don't do enough research about finasteride or dutasteride, let alone AAs and E).

Success stories now include the use of HRT, which grants more hair than traditional "Big 3" no doubt, yet it's still not a normal regimen to be on, and this is coming from me lol (using CPA and E)..

Oh well.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been looking for some good and working medicine lately, and I need some tips too. Have a look at the service from enhanceclub.com I have already signed up to it... Maybe they will offer something good and really working for this issue soon, who knows.

Last edited: