Adding Dutasteride once a week to daily finasteride?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember a few years back when this was all the rage? I read quite a few stories on Reddit and other places about users adding once capsule of dutasteride to their daily finasteride once a week and getting good results, after finasteride stopped working for them. The two Australian doctors on that Youtube hair loss show even recommend doing this if A) finasteride isn't working for you, or B) finasteride has stopped working for you after several years of use.

Anyone tried this?

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I contemplated doing that but then I thought why not just go all in with 0.5mg dutasteride daily

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has it been going?
Not been on it for long mate but I doubt I am going to have issue's. I personally believe if you will have issues with 5a reductase inhibitors in general you will know pretty quickly

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Not been on it for long mate but I doubt I am going to have issue's. I personally believe if you will have issues with 5a reductase inhibitors in general you will know pretty quickly
Cheers. What brand of dutasteride are you using?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be more about leaving some rope to be honest. Why go all in and risk not having any further step up if you can accomplish the same task with 1/7th the dose?

And the issues with 5a is certainly not the full truth. Yes if you were going to have obvious sides they might appear right away, but these drugs build up in your tissues and can cause problems down the line as well. That's why the least amount that solves your problems is the best approach.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
It should be more about leaving some rope to be honest. Why go all in and risk not having any further step up if you can accomplish the same task with 1/7th the dose?

And the issues with 5a is certainly not the full truth. Yes if you were going to have obvious sides they might appear right away, but these drugs build up in your tissues and can cause problems down the line as well. That's why the least amount that solves your problems is the best approach.
Yeah, that's what a lot of hair transplant doctors have been saying.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly it will almost nuke type II 5AR, while only having a very small reduction in type I which is supposedly more important neurologically.

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers. What brand of dutasteride are you using?
Avodart. I live in Turkey atm only costs me £4 a month

I'd certainly have taken the less risky path if I started earlier. Desperation, aggressive balding and so on leaves me with only the nuclear option

Your advice is good though , OP listen to this guy