Adding Dutasteride On Top Of Finasteride. Advice Needed.

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been on the big 3 for a little over a year now. Started with finasteride 1mg per day but now changed to 1.25mg (or thereabouts as the 6-sided kite shaped 5mg pill is impossible to split evenly). 1ml of 6% minoxidil with 0.05% finasteride in the mornings and 1ml of 15% minoxidil with 0.1% finasteride before bed. Washing with Nizoral around 2-3 times per week.

I also use a laser comb and derma roller occasionally.

I did see get good gains at the beginning, but over the past few weeks I have noticed a fairly rapid deterioration, particularly in the temples (I have diffuse thinning on top).

Because of this I am considering adding Dutasteride to my regimen, but I am unsure of the best way to do this. I have already bough a pack of 0.5mg of dutasteride tablet but have yet to take the plunge.

My initial thoughts would be to take 1 x 0,5mg dutasteride tablet every 3 days and on this day do not take finasteride.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or experience in adding dutasteride to their regimen whilst still taking finasteride?

Thanks in advance.

M

dginoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Took my first dutasteride 0.5mg last Thursday 02/11.
Will update in a while with results.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Took my first dutasteride 0.5mg last Thursday 02/11.
Will update in a while with results.

Yes, PLEASE DO! I'm thinking of taking Dutasteride once a week along with finasteride every day but I have read horror stories. Please let me know....