Addding Biotin to your daily finasteride/dutasteride regime

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success adding Biotin to your daily finasteride/dutasteride regime?

Is 5000mcg Biotin too much? The daily recommended Biotin intake for adult male is around 330mcg, 5000mcg would be 16X of the daily recommended dose.

GoodHurr

Reaction score
Yes, 5000mcg is too much. You would never be able to eat that much biotin naturally even if you were eating egg yolks all day long.

Also when I took biotin, I broke out like crazy. My mother too (Who is normally not acne-prone) broke out. Split the pill into 1/4ths and take it with a full glass of water.

Btw, there is no evidence that Biotin helps hair loss. I'm not sure why it's advertised as being good for Hair, Skin and Nails.

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, 5000mcg is too much. You would never be able to eat that much biotin naturally even if you were eating egg yolks all day long.

Also when I took biotin, I broke out like crazy. My mother too (Who is normally not acne-prone) broke out. Split the pill into 1/4ths and take it with a full glass of water.

Btw, there is no evidence that Biotin helps hair loss. I'm not sure why it's advertised as being good for Hair, Skin and Nails.

Instead of 5000mcg biotin, I got another supplement that only contains 100mcg of biotin among other nutrition like Iron, Zinc, and other vitamins essential for hair.

TryingToJoin0

Reaction score
I take the 10,000mcg version every other day. thinking of dropping it and sticking with the multi vitamin though.