Actor Ed Harris On Baldness, Cuts Through The Bullshit

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpeg
This will likely be meaningful to the older crowd here but it struck a chord with me. From an interview in May, Men's Journal, Harris had the following comments:

mj-What role should vanity play in a person's life?
ed-
Little. Self-love isn't such a bad thing, especially in this business, but I'm not going to get my eyes or
neck done. I don't have a toupee, either.

mj-Do you think being bald shaped your personality?
ed-
I think it shaped my career. My first agent suggested I get a hairpiece. I was 28 and had this awful
f*****g wig and actually wore it to an audition. It was ridiculous. I don't think I get the credit I deserve
for being bald and playing parts in films meant for people with hair.

I admire the guy greatly for those last statements. He lays it out and calls them out (Hollywood).

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good looking dude, even when bald. Always thought this since way back in the day when I saw him in the Abyss and probably even before that.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
He can even pull off growing his hair out a bit look. Most are told to shave it.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
366CB157-AC86-4F42-B2DF-120CE2A7F839.jpeg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No words, nailed it with an image, depressing disorder.

View attachment 90398
Without hair, the “center of gravity” of his face were the eyes, which, in his case, could be considered very handsome.
Without hair, the “center of gravity” of his face becomes the large forehead, so the eyes become - unfortunately - a secondary feature and the whole face suffers.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without hair, the “center of gravity” of his face were the eyes, which, in his case, could be considered very handsome.
Without hair, the “center of gravity” of his face becomes the large forehead, so the eyes become - unfortunately - a secondary feature and the whole face suffers.

Tom Cruise's facial center is his beak. His face looks like it's
growing a penis on it.

Without some length and density, he would look like a bald eagle.

Last edited:

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

I disagree. He looks to have hair at the mid point or so of his scalp. Combo of that and the shape of his skull help him tremendously and still cause one to focus on his eyes and masculine features. He is lucky for bald guy as most don' have this.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree. He looks to have hair at the mid point or so of his scalp. Combo of that and the shape of his skull help him tremendously and still cause one to focus on his eyes and masculine features. He is lucky for bald guy as most don' have this.

Sad but true. I have an abnormal head shape, but women have told me I have good eyes.

I used to have really thick nice hair (thirty years ago), and lot's of women were interested in me.

Now with my Frankenstein shaped head, I can't even attract a HOOKER with money
hanging out of my pants. :eek:

Last edited:

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tom Cruise's facial center is his beak. His face looks like it's
growing a penis on it.

Without some length and density, he would look like a bald eagle.

Yes tom does have a prominent nose, especially in his younger years but this can look masculine if you have good hair to offset it. Take away the hair and now the nose looks rather large and stands out. I would know as I'm in that situation. I can' go out in public for more then an hour with seeing someone looking at my nose and grabbing their nose thinking "damn, does my nose look Like that?" Tired of it.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Cruise fixed his teeth and he could get a nose job. Much easier to correct than baldness. Another actor that can get away with the high forehead look:

Terrence Stamp

image.jpeg

This is the hairline I have now. Of course these guys pull it off well because of uncommon looks. Otherwise, they wouldn't be actors!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tom has good hair. That said, I think he had very minor work done.

Compare his pictures to his old.

By minor, I mean really not very much. Nothing that really takes
away from his density.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes tom does have a prominent nose, especially in his younger years but this can look masculine if you have good hair to offset it. Take away the hair and now the nose looks rather large and stands out. I would know as I'm in that situation. I can' go out in public for more then an hour with seeing someone looking at my nose and grabbing their nose thinking "damn, does my nose look Like that?" Tired of it.

Do something about it then!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 90396 This will likely be meaningful to the older crowd here but it struck a chord with me. From an interview in May, Men's Journal, Harris had the following comments:

mj-What role should vanity play in a person's life?
ed-
Little. Self-love isn't such a bad thing, especially in this business, but I'm not going to get my eyes or
neck done. I don't have a toupee, either.

mj-Do you think being bald shaped your personality?
ed-
I think it shaped my career. My first agent suggested I get a hairpiece. I was 28 and had this awful
f*****g wig and actually wore it to an audition. It was ridiculous. I don't think I get the credit I deserve
for being bald and playing parts in films meant for people with hair.

I admire the guy greatly for those last statements. He lays it out and calls them out (Hollywood).

You really have to admire that.

I actually admire people like @diseasedrat. At least
he has the balls to go through with it.

He's not making excuses.

Last edited:

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
So funny that I never thought of this guy as being bald...since he was always without hair in the movies I have seen him in I never thought anything of it. Even him having a little hair though is good as opposed to being slick shiny head bald. It just looks more natural to me while shaving it down to nothing looks 'unnatural' on most people.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love Ed Harris! Almost all movies he was in I liked it. But he is a good looking/interesting guy with a manly face. Good looking people can (such a surprise) pull off a lot of stuff. If you are ugly, balding makes you into a Goblin. If you average like most men, you will be slightly above the Goblins.