Activities Or Jobs You Have Given Up Or Quit Due To Hairloss

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you don't try?

I did it when I had two weeks off work - so I knew if I hated it I would at least have stubble when I came back.

As for me: I decided to grow it back because I just prefer having hair. I know that unless there is a cure or I get a hair transplant then I will be bald within the next 5 years - either way I will be forced to shave by my mid 30s. That's a long life without hair so I decided to enjoy my last few years with hair.

I am planning to try very soon. It's hard for me for multiple reasons. 1) I've had a bad hair transplant. Which means a 6" FUT scar on the back of my head, a weird looking recipient area on only my left side and center and all the bullshit questions from friends and family that come along with it. 2) I have accumulated many other insecurities over the last couple years. Weight gain. Aging face from finasteride. trouble with personal life, etc 3) growing up in an overly vain family that seems to judge everyone based on appearance and an older brother that still has a decent hair style (even though we were balding in the same pattern) 4) VERY aggressive scalp inflammation. red scalp, breaks in the skin that appear out of no where. 5) skull shape. Not ideal at all. semi-large forehead, bumpy scalp, with a flat area on the back, bulbous around temples .... I KNOW there are always excuses to not do something. but these are a couple of mine. I was not secure to begin with. I am just overly paranoid that shaving bald will really f*** me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It means you put together a strong argument so I won't argue with ya.

sorry man, I am just an angry a**h** tonight.

Andreagassi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Things I don't do anymore/changed my habits
1. Go clubbing - f*** going to a club when you are nw3 diffuse and everyone else has good hair. depressing as f***
2. Going out with friends to bars or hang outs at a persons I don't know place - I just dislike wearing a hat because its like I have something to hide, and I don't want to give people false impressions of myself. So I definitely don't go out as much as I used to.
3. doing normal things like going grocery shopping without a hat - i don't wear a hat to work (corporate), so the few times I have saving grace of being able to wear a hat and not look sub human i wear one
4. going to gym later than before - used to go during peak times. but now i go later at 9:30pm when I know there is going to be less people and so I'm not as selfconscious about my hairloss
5. feeling normal in general - being a late 20 something year old, most of my friends are oblivious to hair loss as they do not suffer from baldness and if they do its very minor. I'm the only one out of all my friends where its visually obvious I'm balding and when I say something, they say something like "you look good shaved", "you have to move forward in life and accept it."

Before hair loss I never worried about baldness or seeing other bald people.. I never thought about baldness and if I saw someone who was bald i didn't think to myself, "oh hes bald." now its happened to me I think about hair 24/7 and its fucked because finasteride doesn't work for me even though I've taken it for 4 years now, my hair loss keeps progressing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am planning to try very soon. It's hard for me for multiple reasons. 1) I've had a bad hair transplant. Which means a 6" FUT scar on the back of my head, a weird looking recipient area on only my left side and center and all the bullshit questions from friends and family that come along with it. 2) I have accumulated many other insecurities over the last couple years. Weight gain. Aging face from finasteride. trouble with personal life, etc 3) growing up in an overly vain family that seems to judge everyone based on appearance and an older brother that still has a decent hair style (even though we were balding in the same pattern) 4) VERY aggressive scalp inflammation. red scalp, breaks in the skin that appear out of no where. 5) skull shape. Not ideal at all. semi-large forehead, bumpy scalp, with a flat area on the back, bulbous around temples .... I KNOW there are always excuses to not do something. but these are a couple of mine. I was not secure to begin with. I am just overly paranoid that shaving bald will really f*** me.
All I can say is that if you absolutely hate it then it will be back within 8-12 weeks.

I'd also highly recommend doing it when you have a week off from work so you have time to get used to it yourself.

I really hope it works out for you - I think the whole FUT scar is a genuine concern though.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I forgot about Dating apps. They are a bald mans hell. Chicks won’t even look any further if they can detect any hairloss in your profile picture.

RayCox

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say dating, but since I rarely had any dates, I should say "Gave up hope to ever go dating on a regular basis."

Online dating - why pay to be humiliated on a constant basis?

Meeting friends - especially if I am the only single guy.

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm unemployed for 3 years now. My parents think I'm just lazy but my hair loss situation (still not a full Nwd3) makes me feel awkward with other people...I'm too embarrassed but mostly afraid to admit that because that'll make them so so sad.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-Anything having to do with swimming or going in the water
-Anything involving headgear or hats
-Trying to hit on women my age
-Going to nightclubs, etc.

shookwun

Reaction score
Waste of money and time. Usually just screw them, and hook up. if they dont comply, have a nice day - walk away.so
sounds like a lot of excuses.

Got get a revision FUE hair transplant to sort your problems out.

Done. Now you can gracefully buzz your hair without caring.