Activation Of Wnt/β-catenin And Erk Pathways

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
My big problem with extracts in general (same as Procyanidin B2) is that you are getting many many compounds in the mix.

The problem with adding 20-50 unknown compounds to a carefully formulated topical treatment is you have no idea what will happen. What if one component of the "extract" is a compound that chemically reacts with one of your primary topical ingredients?

ie. I'd love to use Procyanidin B2. But you can't get it pure. It comes as an apple/grape extract with dozens or more of other compounds in the mix.

What if one of them reacts with my darolutamide, that I'm paying hundreds of dollars a gram for and I depend on? What if it reacts with my RU58841?

To know for sure you'd have to do stability studies and from what I understand those are f*****g hard and beyond my skill.

Probably it's nothing to worry about. But who knows for sure? I don't. It's like how cetirizine degrades in alcohol. It would be easy to miss that if you don't know (I only realized because someone else figured it out and posted here), and you could waste months/years applying a dead compound to your scalp.

It's also why I think ingredient counts in topicals should be kept low where possible.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good points, IdealForehead. The only other alternative is to alternate the compounds separately, that, is apply at different times. Then also there is the problem of large molecules getting to the target.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someday, someone on this forum will hit on the magic combination of sh*t, by accident and wake up with a full head. Probably within five more years. ;)

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
My big problem with extracts in general (same as Procyanidin B2) is that you are getting many many compounds in the mix.

The problem with adding 20-50 unknown compounds to a carefully formulated topical treatment is you have no idea what will happen. What if one component of the "extract" is a compound that chemically reacts with one of your primary topical ingredients?

ie. I'd love to use Procyanidin B2. But you can't get it pure. It comes as an apple/grape extract with dozens or more of other compounds in the mix.

What if one of them reacts with my darolutamide, that I'm paying hundreds of dollars a gram for and I depend on? What if it reacts with my RU58841?

To know for sure you'd have to do stability studies and from what I understand those are f*****g hard and beyond my skill.

Probably it's nothing to worry about. But who knows for sure? I don't. It's like how cetirizine degrades in alcohol. It would be easy to miss that if you don't know (I only realized because someone else figured it out and posted here), and you could waste months/years applying a dead compound to your scalp.

It's also why I think ingredient counts in topicals should be kept low where possible.

Yep. Well, I actually Apply 4 different lotions, 3 at night ( 30 minutes away one form each other ) and at morning the cetirizine.
Could be a pain, but all for hair and to not longer use Dutasteride/ Finasteride ( 2 month without them and I love it )

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Well, I actually Apply 4 different lotions, 3 at night ( 30 minutes away one form each other ) and at morning the cetirizine.
Could be a pain, but all for hair and to not longer use Dutasteride/ Finasteride ( 2 month without them and I love it )
What lotions?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The plant they used is an endangered species, probably be extinct soon

It could only happen to us couldn't it? The sick joke just keeps on trucking