Acquried Progressive Kinking of Hair (pubic hair on scalp)

haute

Reaction score
i'm 20 and have this acquired progressive kinking of hair syndrome since 12 and this can progress to male pattern baldness...it grows pubic hair like, kinky type of hair that curl in all diection and mess up the whole head..and puff up the whole head and difficult to style...
mine is considered as diffuse type since it;s a mixture of straight hair, curly hair and kinky hair. :( ......
anyone who share the same problem with me please please share your experience and you attempt to cure it....this problem had ruined my selfesteem and :sobbing: teenage years..Thank you so much

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could be stressing your hair out maybe?

I remember using harsh shampoo for a week or so and my hair became that kinky-like. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Putting oils in your hair could help aswell.

haute

Reaction score
no it has nothing to do with shampoo....its about hormones and probably DHT :sobbing:

barcafan

Reaction score
The kinking is usually not a very good sign, i have that on my temples (not the corners of hairline; the part that's just above your sideburns), and its a totally differnet texture from the rest of my hair, very thin area too.

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score
ugh.. I had the same type of hair. It was dry as a rock and people often referred to it being like and SOS pad or duck fur. I found life much better when I just buzzed it with a one guard. Or moose... lots of moose works.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol...this IS me.

I can't say I like it too much, but this is the nature of people with kinky hair and have some level of male pattern baldness.

What will happen is your hair on top, if you're a diffuse thinner, will curl more quickly than your back/side hair, the reason being it's thinner. Consider for example a thick tree versus a plant stem. Which will curl up quicker and easier? The stem of course, because it's easier to bend thinner objects. As a result I make my back and side hair shorter and try to compress my top hair for a greater look of density.

Also I wouldn't call it "pubic hair". Hell I WISH I had that on top of my head. Pubic hair is THICK, just like facial and armpit hair. In fact pretty much no man has thicker hair anywhere else than in these areas, unless you have small amounts of testosterone/DHT in your body.

JeanPeters

Reaction score
Bump.. I have this and it is killing me! I have been on finasteride and minoxidil for 11 months and no changes