Acne cleared up after quitting Propecia? Please Help

TTThomasaz1

Reaction score
this is the second time I have noticed when I have been off Propecia for about a week, the acne on my face and back seem to clear up. Can anyone explain? I quit Propecia because it seems to not be doing much anymore after 3 years

Hairworry

Reaction score
I have been suspecting the cause of my acne at the jaw line was propecia. Hearing that you also have the same condition confirms my suspicion. I have been taking it for almost 2 years, daily and until recently I have cut my dosage to alternate days.

I also noticed that when I had the acne, my hair also started to worsen. My theory is that my body seems to be reacting to the lowered dht by producing more testosterone, hence the acne.

Does this mean if i continue taking propecia, my body will produce more dht hence causing my hairloss to get worse? What gives??

TTThomasaz1

Reaction score
whats even more weird is i have been on propecia 3 years..hair is def a little worse when i started...I quit 4 days ago and i dont get any hairs in my hand when I pull..When I was on propecia my hair always pulled out easy..Your theory makes sense..It was like i was on a constant shed when I was on Propecia

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
propecia increases testosterone levels slightly which could explain acne.

Mr Clean

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on Avodart and its causing me to have acne too. Right along the sides of my mouth and chin. I NEVER get acne, like once in a blue moon would I get one, and this causes me to get a good amount for some reason.