Aclaris Therapeutics (new Patents Regarding Androgenetic Alopecia)

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...ibitors-for-Treating-Hair-Loss-Disorders.html

U.S. Patent No. 9,730,877 covers the use of various JAK inhibitors, including tofacitinib, baricitinib, ruxolitinib and decernotinib, to treat androgenetic alopecia, also known as male/female pattern hair loss. Experienced by 70% of men and 40% of women at some point in their lives, androgenetic alopecia is a genetic disorder and the most common cause of hair loss. The ‘877 Patent contains 22 claims and expires in November 2031.

U.S. Patent No. 9,737,469 covers the use of baricitinib for inducing hair growth and for treating hair loss disorders such as alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia. Additional issued claims pertain to methods of using baricitinib to treat particular phenotypes of alopecia areata, as well as to treat other hair loss disorders. The ‘469 Patent contains 10 claims and expires in November 2031.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even done with pre-clinical trials. 5 + years out minimum.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would guess 3 to 4 years minimum. Three years if it shows blockbuster efficacy and prescribed for off-label use. I think, but don't quote me, that the patent on Xeljanz(Tofacitinib) expires 2020. Since Tofa and Ruxo are already FDA approved, they would be considered re-purposed drugs. Straight to phase 2 and possibly a pivotal phase 3 if significant efficacy demonstrated early on.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will confess that it was Angela Christiano who said 3 to 5 years, and that's if a pharmaceutical company jumped on her research now. She said that in October 2016. And, lo', last year Aclaris raised $20 million dollars for the purpose of developing a Jakinib topical for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Net proceeds from this offering are expected to be used to fund research and development, including new JAK inhibitor programs for androgenetic alopecia (also known as male or female pattern baldness) and vitiligo, as well as ongoing business development.

Noteworthy is the fact that to raise these funds, Aclaris entered into a stock purchase agreement for the private placement of 1,081,082 shares of common stock, meaning this was a private sale to a select few group of investors only. Anyone care to guess as to why? :)

Last edited:

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!

New layout for pipeline section: http://www.aclaristx.com/pipeline

I have a question: Do you think "Soft" Jak Innhibitor Topical will be effective to regrowth extremely miniaturized hair? I'm DUPA and all my scalp is affected by extreme miniaturization (the crown also). I will be completely bald soon and Tsuji/Replicel can't help me because I have no healthy hair...

Thank you
William