Aclaris Therapeutics Announces “positive” 6 Month Results Of Phase 2 Androgenetic Alopecia Trial

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
  • As such, Aclaris believes the next step is initiating a double-blind, randomized, controlled Phase 2 dose-ranging clinical trial with higher concentrations of ATI-502, with potentially a female focus, in the first half of 2020.
This industry is such sh*t

clams

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been following this since they initiated the trial, so I feel the need to defend Aclaris a little bit. They stated from the beginning that this was purely “exploratory” and it was a small trial so it’s not like they had a ton of confidence in it from the beginning. It just sucks for us as patients, but at least they tried. Hopefully there is something there for women and maybe there is some legitimacy to the higher concentration working better.

clams

My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean it still worked for men...

I’m just a little disappointed because it’s not the finasteride killer we’re all dying for. I think your point on many treatments being used in the future to synergistically treat Androgenetic Alopecia is valid, so maybe this will have so utility going forward.

R.O.E

My Regimen
Reaction score
The article stated :

• Through recent formulation work, Aclaris can achieve significantly higher topical concentrations of ATI-502.
Can we just wait before trashing this also ?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The concentration of the drug in ATI-502 was just 0.46%. They've been working on a better formula and will trial a topical with a concentration five times greater.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those results for men with Androgenetic Alopecia are utter dogshit; not a surprise to any of use who were paying attention for the last 3 or so years, the science never added up.

Just use minoxidil, you'll have better results than JAK.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Iv said it before jaks wont do sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia, a guy regrew hair in a Norwood 4/5 pattern, he was suffering from aa and Androgenetic Alopecia, the pics showed it helped with aa but not Androgenetic Alopecia.People need to stop getting so offended by people not hyping up everything and just have an objective view.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been following this since they initiated the trial, so I feel the need to defend Aclaris a little bit.

Nothing to defend, I'm sure we're all happy for any financially-backed organization to try to tackle this horrific problem. Unfortunately, in this case, it's looking like another resounding failure. Let's be honest, it never made sense anyway - we know the mechanism behind AA is completely different than the one behind Androgenetic Alopecia. No way this was ever going to work.

Be happy for people with AA who have it MUCH WORSE than us.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think instead of finding single drug they should try to clone the doner area hairs. That will be feasible and more practical..

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
guys as one of the docs explains during webcast you cant really trust hair count per cm^2 as depending if you measure from center of bald spot vs edge will make a big difference. It is better to use visual and doctor/patient opinion, these are the most honest photos I have seen, no bs lighting or bad angle. For me there is pretty good regrowth of hair considering these guys have never taken any treatments to slow hair loss down.

It has also only been 6 months when human anagen phase last 3-5 years. Plus low dosage

Imagine higher dosage with optmised formulation and combined with needling + minoxidil, could get very good results.

Regarding pill form regrowing AA patients hair in Androgenetic Alopecia pattern, you need to read the literature where is shows topical has far more potent effect of hair growth.

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't be so negative, I would have never thought this would lead anywhere in the first place at all. hair count increase for men ws only 5.6 though but still, its a completely unrelated angle that has nothing to do with hormones. I think the future will be a combination of certain drugs, finasteride, CB, minoxidil, SM and this one and they will probably work synergetically. sucks that they want to do so many more trials but i think the solution for alopecia areata will be out sooner? you might be able to use this.

it really, really sucks for people balding now as it seems right now that there will be a potential wave of treatments during the next 5 years or so with hairclone, follica, samumed, RCH-01, tsuji, jak-inhibitors, CB, SM all planning to come out somewhere round 2022-2025.

the sad thing is, in the case of cassiopeia, they wasted a looot of money and time wit dose ranging trials because in the end it made f*** all difference. lets hope this is dose dependent and works really well. interestingly women had much more regrowth which might have to do with their immune system in general working a bit different than in men but thats very scientific

They were all supposed to be out by 2020
Now they are postponed for 5 years and finally they will disappear. No hope even if you are 10

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read a lot of your comments and the one thing thats utter dogshit is your writings

Lol sure, f*****.

Enjoy your nearly-invisible improvement from this sh*t while throwing probably 40+ for a month's supply of it.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i m kinda surprised that in the same site people used to worship brotzu for claiming his oil can grow hair, everyone is bashing on something that has been proven to increase haircount while not affecting hormones...

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
JAK inhibitors are crazy expensive, at least the ones for AA. I doubt it will be worth the money.