ACell Hair Multiplication Study at NHI

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
While it is still early days for Acell. Just the fact that both Drs. Rassman and Bernstein
are starting studies in their practices gives a great deal of credence.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Another interesting development is this from post from Dr. Bernstein"s blog

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hairtransplantblog/

heathercali5

Reaction score
Ok I am to this whole a cell business! What exactly is it? They pluck a hair and place it into you scalp and it multiplies on it own? Please elaborate if you can... I'm on the edge of my seat! LOL I've been reading Rassman's blog but still unclear on the new technology/study. :woot:

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
heathercali5 said:
Ok I am to this whole a cell business! What exactly is it? They pluck a hair and place it into you scalp and it multiplies on it own? Please elaborate if you can... I'm on the edge of my seat! LOL I've been reading Rassman's blog but still unclear on the new technology/study. :woot:

Only two doctors are currently performing it they are; Dr. Jerry Cooley and Dr. Gary Hitzig.
There are a number of other hair transplant surgeons starting to experiment with it.
The method is based on taking a plucked hair with some of the underlying tissue from the safe or donor area. It is coated with acell then transplanted it in the balding area. In theory the plucked hair that is transplanted into the balding area grows and a new hair is regrown in the donor area where it was plucked from. Basically giving you two for the price of one so to speak.
There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered. For example is the new transplanted hair dht resistant and does it cycle more than once.
if it is successful then it would mean that you could have a scarless transplant and unlimited donor hair.
by the end of this year the doctors who are working with it may have answers to those questions.
Hope this helps.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is an excellent article on it. It has pictures too.

http://www.regrowshair.com/hair-loss-blo ... matristem/

I must say I am impressed. If donor scars + plus hair thickness are repaired then that will open up new market toward people who suffer from baldness.