According to study only 1 out of 155 decreased hair count!!

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Taken from propecia website..

-12 Month Results* PROPECIA Placebo
Moderate Improvement 4% (6 of 155) 0% (0 of 150)
Slight Improvement 34% (52 of 155) 7% (11 of 150)
No Change 62% (96 of 155) 85% (128 of 150)
Decrease 1% (1 of 155) 7% (11 of 150)

So according to the study only "1" out of 155 people decreased hair count.
So why does it seem like a bunch of people on this site report to have loss
during the first year. I too claim to be a bit worse than I was 8 months ago. Are we all just making this sh*t up or is Merck lieing or what?

foeplay

Reaction score
wow, and only 6 people out of 155 had improvement that was worth a damn...seems like such a waste of money then!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Topic of this discussion forum is "Hair Loss"

Propecia is a drug that prevents any further "Hair Loss" for most men.

Conslusion: Propecia is a waste of money?

Strange logic.

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, regrowth is a bonus..I think we all know that. The point is at the very least propecia should stop further hair loss for damn near everybody according to the "scientific studies" but it just doesn't really seem that way according to what a lot of people report here.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
foeplay said:
wow, and only 6 people out of 155 had improvement that was worth a damn...seems like such a waste of money then!

theres a reason people say its best if u catch it early.... as soon as i noticed thinning i went online to look for my options .... yes sure i didnt gain an incredible amount of hair but im grateful every day that i maintained the hair that i did have

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess so it says 11 of 150 showed slight improvement. How the hell is that possibile? :yelling:

A

Administrator

Re: According to study only 1 out of 155 decreased hair coun

ang_99 said:
So why does it seem like a bunch of people on this site report to have loss during the first year. I too claim to be a bit worse than I was 8 months ago. Are we all just making this $#iT up or is Merck lieing or what?
No you're not making things up. You are part of the vocal minority who sticks around because you're not seeing the results you want to see.

1 out of 155 people ..... Multiply that times the ... what ... 200,000 people taking Propecia. Thats over a thousand people who will seek out hair loss sites and ask why its not working for them.

Lets use the trial data instead. The 2 year trial says 17 out of every 100 people will see zero results. That means 34,000 people will seek out hair loss sites and say it isnt working for them... while the other 83% are out living life.

83% of people will respond to Propecia. 17% won't. Either way, Merck makes it painstakingly clear that you don't qualify as a nonresponder until you stay on it for at least 12 months. 8 months is barely past the halfway point. Got ta read the documentation my friend!

And this should have gone in the Propecia forum. Moving it there now.

Admin

jeffsss

Reaction score
this may all be in my head.. but i've only been taking propecia for a month and it seems like I'm shedding less in the shower..

i dunno.

A

Administrator

Its a roller coaster ride of really good and really bad months. Prepare yourself for the worst, ride it out, and try not to freak out until you've met the minimum requirements of 12 months on the treatment.

Oh - and no matter what you do. Take pictures. Tons of them. Wet, dry, combed, messy. Get as many clear, focused bright light baseline photos as you can because they will keep your sanity when you hit 8 months and your brain is telling you that you're "worse off" .... I was in the same boat... we all were.... photos remind you that you are indeed not worse off ... but probably absolutely no different than you originally started out.

Trust me on this, your mind can and will trick you into believing youve lost 50% of your density when you haven't lost a single hair.

Admin

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
meanwhile the main thing everone here seems to be missing is that 85% of the people taking the placebo kept their hair! That's almost as good an outcome as the people who took the drug!!!

Whats up with that?

Also, does anyone know the possible cause of increased "wet gas"? Ever since I went on this cursed all-Spam diet, I've been ripping farts that leave red skidmarks in my tighty-purpleys.

what the f@#$?!