Acceptable to blowdry hair after applying Min liquid?

G

As the topic states, are you allowed to blow dry your hair right after applying min liquid to your scalp? Because applying 2ml to my hair makes it look quite wet and I would like to blow dry it so it doesn't appear wet when I head out.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There was an actual study published in a medical journal a few years ago which attempted to account for all the minoxidil that gets applied to your scalp when you use Rogaine, including the part that's physically absorbed by your scalp, the part that might come off on pillow-cases when you're sleeping, the amount excreted in urine and feces, etc.

They had a big problem with one of their test-subjects, whose recovered minoxidil was a LOT less than with any of the others! After questioning him, they found out that he had used a hair dryer after applying the minoxidil, to hasten the drying. The hot air had apparently blown a substantial portion of the minoxidil right off his scalp! :woot:

G

Interesting study. If I let the solution completely dry after about 20 minutes, I wonder if it would be ok to proceed to style my hair afterwards (blow drying, combing etc).

I also found some information from Dr. William Rassmans hair loss blog.

"I do not believe using a blow dryer will negatively affect the application of minoxidil on your scalp, but first just give the minoxidil a chance to dry on its own (10-15 minutes). You can try using the blow dryer on the low setting, but the evaporation will be mostly from the non-active alcohol in the solution and not the active minoxidil compound."

Link: http://www.baldingblog.com/2008/08/19/u ... minoxidil/

IBM

Reaction score
I apply minoxidil and sleep right away. Using since May 2006 (almost four years) and i'm very happy with the results.

IBM

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
IBM said:
I apply minoxidil and sleep right away. Using since May 2006 (almost four years) and i'm very happy with the results.

you still take finasteride ? And how much do you apply ? And where all do you apply it ?

1 ml/day at night all top of my head. Still take finasteride 1.25mg/day with oral spironolactone 50mg/day. Three years on same regimen.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.

Just for the morning application, ive gone the route of using a hair dryer after letting minoxidil sit on my scalp for at least 30 minutes. Anyone else? I figure it's not ideal, but it has to be better than no morning application at all and I'm getting good results with finasteride (who knows how much my morning regimen is helping though).

tab531

Reaction score
i would angle the dyer upward so it just hits hair shafts.. you do not want to blow hot air on recently applied minoxidil