Absorbtion Time of Min

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the absorbtion time of minoxidil? I saw my friend Wiping his head with towel after 5 mins of minoxidil application. Is this ok? How long should I wait to wipe minoxidil off ? Can I even wash my hair after the absorbtion and still get results? Please Help. Thanks

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Put it in, gently massage it into your scalp, let it dry. Leave it in for several hours.

5 minutes doesn't cut it. Minoxidil absorbs over a period of a few hours. Note that just because it's dry doesn't mean it has been fully absorbed. If you wipe or rinse your head after only a short period, you're 1) not getting much benefit, if any and 2) literally throwing money down the drain.

regrowing_hair said:
What is the absorbtion time of minoxidil? I saw my friend Wiping his head with towel after 5 mins of minoxidil application. Is this ok? How long should I wait to wipe minoxidil off ? Can I even wash my hair after the absorbtion and still get results? Please Help. Thanks

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
According to Dr. Lee, his minoxidil products can be washed off in 90 minutes because of the high alcohol content and its fast absorption
(http://www.minoxidil.com)