About unwanted hair growth

eek

Reaction score
I'm basically looking for people who have taken minoxidil, and have experienced a significant increase in body hair because of it, and have since discontinued the treatment.
I'm wondering wether the body hair grown with minoxidil is dependent on the topical, like scalp hair, and if itactually ends up falling out aswell, or if once it's there, it stays. Now dependency would be obvious, but eh, who knows. Is there anyone in this case?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where, all over?

That doesn't really make sense...

I've heard that MSM increases overall body hair growth. Are you on anything else other than minoxidil?

eek

Reaction score
It's a known, and pretty common side effect of minoxidil. Systemic absorption seems to cause it, although some people don't need to take that much minoxidil for it to occur...sensible skin maybe, I'm not sure.
In my case, I know for sure it has been caused by minoxidil because of how it happened. I've always had a healthy amount of body hair, and it does thicken with age, but not like this. The body hair seems to grow thicker, and longer. It also grows alot faster, and in places it shouldn't grow. Eyebrows got a bit thicker, but mostly longer, and growing fast if I pluck them. Beard seems to grow faster, as does all body hair. Interestingly, I've developed a few hairs on my shoulders. Now these are interesting because while DHT causes body hair growth, body hair is, like hairloss, dependent on heredity. No one on either side of my family ever had shoulder, or back hair. (thankfully, the back is still hairless). Also, these hairs, when waxed, grow back at an insane speed. Normal body hair takes about 3 weeks to a month to grow back. In the case of the shoulders, and eyebrows, a week after the plucking, they're back. That doesnt seem natural at all, even my beard (or lack thereof) doesn't grow that fast.
Right, now, back to hoping someone with a similar experience will come forward :)

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Eyebrows are growing like crazy and eye lashes are thickening and curling...other than that my body hair's much the same.
Definitely HAVEN'T discontinued treatment with greater results hopefully around the corner.

Rampant

Reaction score
A increase in body hair is a result of getting older. Think of all the old men you see with fantastically bushy eybrows. Also, I read somewhere that there is a link between male pattern baldness and body hair, ie if you have male pattern baldness you are more likely to have body hair. Look at Sean Connery, bald as a coot and hairy as a gorilla.