About to take the plunge...Into minoxidil

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've been using finasteride in conjunction with 2% nizoral for a little over 8 months, so far the results have been expected..it's maintained and maintained very well but my hairline as been ever so slowly creeping back so I'm about to start Regaine "extra strength"( the Aus name for Rogaine).

Basically what my question is with finasteride/nizoral and now minoxidil thrown into the mix is there a good chance of getting some of my hair line back? cause its receded to the point where it's starting to get pretty scary.

Oh and why the hell isn't the foam available in Australia yet, that's bullshit.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Is'nt regaine XS the one with the message on the bottle which says it works on the crown only and not work on the hairline. I thought a poster mentioned this in an earlier post.

I got my roagin foam in Australia from a board member here who had not used it. He handed it to me personally for money. So you might want to find someone out there who is not using the stuff and wants to sell it....

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
icdalite said:
Is'nt regaine XS the one with the message on the bottle which says it works on the crown only and not work on the hairline.

All rogaine is like that I believe, it's because they only tested it on the crown/vertex in studies so they can't give you a guarantee that it will work for the hair line, yet many users report it does, so if regaine is the exact same thing as rogaine(same company) then why wouldn't it? Bryan?

scub

Reaction score
yes the minoxidil will grow hair just about anywhere you put it, but it was only tested on the back of the head as noted. i've had some new hairs on my hairline since i started minoxidil a little over 4 months ago, so it does grow hair on the line too..

how much finasteride do you take? i just started finasteride (propecia) one month ago but i only take half the pill (0.50mg) and currently im shedding some hair after starting finasteride..

how much finasteride do you take? through those 8 months have you just maintained what you had or did you notice any growth?

Aus

Reaction score
Axl - there is an online Aussie store that sells the foam. Am I allowed to mention it here? (otherwise google it).

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Aus said:
Axl - there is an online Aussie store that sells the foam. Am I allowed to mention it here? (otherwise google it).

You should PM me that site :whistle: