About to start Propecia! 2 Questions- Anwers HIGHLY apprecia

iseras

Reaction score
Ok, so I think i'm gonna give propecia a shot. I just a have a couple of questions:

1- I'm concerned about the side effects issue- that's the only thing that's been deterring me. If i take .5mg/day, will it have the same effect as 1mg but less side effects? less progress? same side effects? Basically, is it feasible and effective to take .5mg?

2- I'm using minoxidil. Now, let's say minoxidil saved some minutarized hairs and thickend them. I know you should continue minoxidil use to keep those hairs growing- but, in the LONG run, can propecia keep the saved minutarized hairs, since they've gotten thicker and no dht is affecting them anymore?

3- Has it been clinally and scientifically proven that quitting propecia will result in a complete return to the natural state, and all side effects gone?

G

Side affects.
It really does affect people in different ways. If you develope sides then the chances are that they will subside and our body will adjust. It's a case of trying it and see basically. The optimum dosafe is 1mg but a lot of people say that .5mg is as affective as 1mg. It's up to you. My sugestion is that if you get sides, just stop for a few days and then try again. This worked for me at least.

Can finasteride save hairs.
My belief is yes it can. It's a long journey though. Plenty of ups and downs. The real reason I don't take minoxidil is that I can't be arsed to apply it every day. Much easier to pop a pill and have done with it. I'm scared to take minoxidil because I know I would shed. I think finasteride and nizoral can slow or halt your hair loss. But it depends on how agressive your hair loss is.

Stopping Propecia.
Normaly when you stop finasteride your body will recover and you will be the same as you were before. Some people report that they still have sides even after stopping. Probably because finasteride had an adverse affect on them.

You take your chance and see what happens....

BlueGuy

Reaction score
I've only been on propecia for a little over a month, and I don't use minoxidil. I think I can help you out with the side effect question.

I take the full 1mg dose every day. As far as side effects go, I have had reletively none. For the first couple weeks my ejaculate was a little watery. That was it though, after a couple weeks past, it went back to normal. I have had no testicular aches, my head hasn't iched at all (I've been using Nizoral every 3rd day), and I have not experienced any other sexual side effects.

My advice to you: GET ON PROPECIA. I had been thinking about it for about a year and a half. I waited about a year too long. As soon as I started, I noticed a huge improvement in the quality of my hair, and the amount of hairs falling out each day.