About To Start Finasteride And Have Some Last Questions

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have 19 and i'm close to start finasteride. However there are some points that i want to know before.

If i get sides, how long do i have to wait (on the drug) until see if they go away?

And if i have to stop even in a short time taking (like 1 or 2 months), how should i quit: cold turkey or tapper off?

Last edited:

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects may or may not subside if you stay on Finasteride, and also depending how severe they are.

I've been on Dutasteride for over two and a half years with no side effects. The thing is, I noticed on my pamphlet every time when I go to pick it up, it does give a warning that continuing to take a 5-AR inhibitor while getting side effects may eventually become permanent in the long run.

Listen to how you feel with your body when starting and then possibly staying on the drug. If you're feeling great, and your hair is maintain well, do definitely stay on Finasteride. If side effects occur, discontinuing the medication is always an option. I've never taken it as I went straight on Avodart, but if I had taken the Propecia route and got side effects, I would consider to tapper off, but quickly as I could. Every single person responds differently every medication and can be difficult to gauge how one could react.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects may or may not subside if you stay on Finasteride, and also depending how severe they are.

I've been on Dutasteride for over two and a half years with no side effects. The thing is, I noticed on my pamphlet every time when I go to pick it up, it does give a warning that continuing to take a 5-AR inhibitor while getting side effects may eventually become permanent in the long run.

Listen to how you feel with your body when starting and then possibly staying on the drug. If you're feeling great, and your hair is maintain well, do definitely stay on Finasteride. If side effects occur, discontinuing the medication is always an option. I've never taken it as I went straight on Avodart, but if I had taken the Propecia route and got side effects, I would consider to tapper off, but quickly as I could. Every single person responds differently every medication and can be difficult to gauge how one could react.

Ok, i understand your point and apprreciate the reply

But my question persists.. Let me be more objective. If i start to take propecia and in the first week get weaker erections. If was you how long would you wait on the drug to see if the sides went away? 2 weeks? 1 month? 3 months?

Chris1290

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking propecia tablets one a day and straight away sex drive went through the roof (not in a good way) and takes a bit longer to finish weeing... I took them for a year with them side effects then soon as I come off them the sex drive went back to normal and weeing was a bit quicker.
That's my experience anyway. Id give it a month and see how you get on. Hope your sex drive increases and not decrease.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking propecia tablets one a day and straight away sex drive went through the roof (not in a good way) and takes a bit longer to finish weeing... I took them for a year with them side effects then soon as I come off them the sex drive went back to normal and weeing was a bit quicker.
That's my experience anyway. Id give it a month and see how you get on. Hope your sex drive increases and not decrease.

And how was your erections on propecia?

Did you lost sensitivity downstairs?

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it for about three years. No sides at all.
Just monitor your health and note any changes. Don't let paranoia creep in though. You may get a reverse placebo effect. Just take it and forget it.

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for about three years. No sides at all.
Just monitor your health and note any changes. Don't let paranoia creep in though. You may get a reverse placebo effect. Just take it and forget it.

Why you stopped?

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 2/3 of a pill in two days and got sides. Some chest pain which I first thought i pyschological have been persistent. I think almost a week has gone by since I first took propecia and i steel feel some pain/ache. But nothing too serious really, ill just wait it out and make a topical of the pills i bought.