About to give up with hair systems...any advice?

Hair system 2892

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been wearing a hair system for over 2 years now. The hair systems have all been great quality, look brilliant and you really wouldnt know it was a hair system. I have nothing against a hair system, if they improve someones looks and confidence that is fantastic!
I started off with a clinic doing refits etc untill I learnt to do it myself.

However, after 2 years of wearing or so, it is the pyschological element of wearing which I struggle with. I am constantly worrying how it looks, its always in the back of my mind, if its windy I will be worried, planning my schedule accordingly to fit in fixing the hairline, spending three hours every 2 weeks to reattach. I want to travel more in the next few years and I feel this would be a problem. Like I say, ive got nothing against hair systems, I just dont think they are for me.

So my question is, how do I stop wearing without creating suspicion, e.g going from a full head of hair to bald overnight. Does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking buying a few peices and then gradually reduce the density untill it is relatively short and then getting rid of it. I just feel like I cant just take it off as people would obviously realise.

Thank you.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spending three hours every 2 weeks to reattach

That´s just nothing in compare to for example work with hair thickener on your existing hair.
Maybe you could do something like an "smp" i think it´s called. Like a "Tattoo" on your head.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure how it would be possible unless you gradually thin the piece out adding more recession, a gradual thing before not wearing and saying you've shaved it off.

Last edited:

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
If this were wrestling, you'd have a hair vs hair match. I think that you have to lose a bet and then shave your head as a concession.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been wearing a hair system for over 2 years now. The hair systems have all been great quality, look brilliant and you really wouldnt know it was a hair system. I have nothing against a hair system, if they improve someones looks and confidence that is fantastic!

However, after 2 years of wearing or so, it is the pyschological element of wearing which I struggle with. I am constantly worrying how it looks, its always in the back of my mind, if its windy I will be worried, planning my schedule accordingly to fit in fixing the hairline, spending three hours every 2 weeks to reattach. I want to travel more in the next few years and I feel this would be a problem. Like I say, ive got nothing against hair systems, I just dont think they are for me.

So my question is, how do I stop wearing without creating suspicion, e.g going from a full head of hair to bald overnight. Does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking buying a few peices and then gradually reduce the density untill it is relatively short and then getting rid of it. I just feel like I cant just take it off as people would obviously realise.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Easiest way would be to suicide.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a beard? If not, start growing one out and start thinning out the unit. Then just shave your head, after several months. If anyone asks, just say you want to try a new look.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do whatever you want.

It's annoying but I like having hair. I don't think for a second it's not obvious to women I know, so I don't hide it They don't give a f***.

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you.
How about you stop using your hair system and start using hair fibers. People will think you got a shorter haircut. WIll that work for you ?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woooooww. Thought it would be a total turn off to women because wearing a piece is a sign of insecurity, and women hate insecure men.
Nah. It’s not an insecurity, though. I would look perfectly fine with a shaved head, but I just prefer having a unit, at least for a few more years. Also, I’m not the jealous type and I’m extremely independent. I think women tend to be more drawn to that. I mean….one can say a guy lifts weights because he’s insecure about his body. In the end, it’s all about doing what’s best for you. F what others think. Just my 3 cents.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 hours to clean up and reapply. Wow. It doesn't take me more than about an hour to do that.

Maybe the OP could try daily wear. I'm going that way because of skin issues,dandruff,very sensitive skin etc.

I been there too,as mismatched hair systems(wrong colour and density) or hair systems on a bad day, I end up wearing a beanie over it,when I go out. As it looks obvious otherwise that it's a hair system. But on a good day with a correctly matched hair system. It should only give you extra anxiety right at the beginning.

But if he is too anxious to just say f*** it and shave his head and who gives a flying f*** what anyone else thinks.
He definitely has a anxiety issue there. CBD or meds and therapy would help.
2 years he been wearing and he still feels that way and is too anxious just to shave his head.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the only time I could see it taking 3 hours for a redo is if I let the tape go too long and it takes a while to clean up.

but in terms of stopping… just shave it. No one cares.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had a couple of clients just stop. Buzz it shave it... whatever, just stop, and go on with your life. It's just hair FFS.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
The work it takes to care for any type of hair, yours or a system is a time consuming process.
I don't think your problem is real hair vs hair system but more of hair vs the convenience of being bald