About To Buy My First Hair System And Curious About Cleaning Daily

pferr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is the year that I take the plunge and get my first hair system. I live in the UK and will be using Men's Hair2Go to start with, and then hopefully be able to go DIY thereafter with the little experience I would've learnt.

My major concern is cleaning the system: waking up with bed head or oily hair and the daily maintenance of the system. What are effective practices in ensuring my system will be clean throughout the day? I've heard some people rinse it with water in the mornings and leave in a conditioner through the day and then shampoo it twice a week? Are you shampooing with it on your head still? If so, how? With your hands as per normal hair? And when do you physically remove it to clean the lace, etc.?

I am so worried about damaging it or it looking messy. If someone could give me a step-by-step breakdown, it would be so appreciated.

Many thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, Hair2Go should explain all of this to you.

The hair in your system does not get greasy as your own, bio hair would. There are no roots, and no sebaceous glands to put out the "grease" that we associate with greasy hair.

I only rinse if I need to get some product out, and very lightly. I ONLY shampoo when I remove and clean. I use a spray in conditioner with sunscreen, which is enough moisture to allow to lightly brush my hair into place, and then when I want to, add a light styling paste for texture.

You will need to remove, clean and rebond anywhere from just a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the type of bond, and your body chemistry (and weather, etc).

All of this information is exhaustively discussed in this forum, in multiple threads.

You can also go this Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRETIRINGEARLY

Curtis has more info that you will ever need.

Best of luck!

Steve

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is the year that I take the plunge and get my first hair system. I live in the UK and will be using Men's Hair2Go to start with, and then hopefully be able to go DIY thereafter with the little experience I would've learnt.

My major concern is cleaning the system: waking up with bed head or oily hair and the daily maintenance of the system. What are effective practices in ensuring my system will be clean throughout the day? I've heard some people rinse it with water in the mornings and leave in a conditioner through the day and then shampoo it twice a week? Are you shampooing with it on your head still? If so, how? With your hands as per normal hair? And when do you physically remove it to clean the lace, etc.?

I am so worried about damaging it or it looking messy. If someone could give me a step-by-step breakdown, it would be so appreciated.

Many thanks

I use Slip silk pillow case to prevent bedhead in the morning and use de-tangle brush, hair pick and beard brush. The de-tangle brush work way better than a regular brush. I didn't know until later and almost destroy my first hair system by using regular brush and over shampooing. The whole hair system things I just treat it like learning a new hobby. I think anyone can do it, just like anything else all it takes is lots of practice.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Slip silk pillow case to prevent bedhead in the morning and use de-tangle brush, hair pick and beard brush. The de-tangle brush work way better than a regular brush. I didn't know until later and almost destroy my first hair system by using regular brush and over shampooing. The whole hair system things I just treat it like learning a new hobby. I think anyone can do it, just like anything else all it takes is lots of practice.

Excellent advice. What brush do you use? The brushing has by far been the biggest issue for me...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've prematurely aged my first unit by overdoing everything. Detaching and re. Shampooing and condioning liberally. And brushing too much.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've prematurely aged my first unit by overdoing everything. Detaching and re. Shampooing and condioning liberally. And brushing too much.

The learning curve might be a bit steep, but you’ll learn a lot while doing it.