About My Hairloss Issue- Please Read

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hello, im 17 turning to 18 years old and im having problems with my scalpe lately. Im starting to have very thin hairs over the past years and tried some shampoos with no results, Im not bald or anything its just that when i touch my hair i can feel my scalpe clearly and it makes me angry and my question is what products should i purchase ? i might order minoxidil %5 -8 month supply, I want to ask does this product have a strong aroma , and is it very sticky ? also what shampoos should i order, im seeing that jasons thin to thick will solve my problem, but should i use that with t-gel ? Also how does jasons aroma smells like, i heard t-gel has a very good aroma in it. Im asking about aroma issues because i dont want to buy a product that has a strong aroma that will make me go :hairy: and as i see in reviews i should see results in 6 months of continously use of minoxidil for 2x a day in a full 6 month period, is this true . I mean i want to have max results within the 8 months which i will be ordering. and im willing to continue for over 2 years if i have success within the first 6 months.

Thanks for the answers :D

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil has no aroma and almost all forms of it can be very greasy. It's not that big of a deal though.
The majority of people see peaked results anywhere between 6-8 months. Proscar is probably more proven to maintain but taking it at your age is a risk which I know because I took it at 17.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i should start taking minoxidil ? 2x a day, and what shampoos should i get, i have a thin unmanagbly hair :hairy:

cheers :)

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeap 2x a day is the way to go. Consistency when beginning any treatment is imperative.

Shampoos.. Well everyone on here has a different view on which shampoos are best for them but personally I go with Nizoral, Infusium 23 and an assortment of other dandruff shampoos ( currently Head and Shoulders). If i was you I'd get Nizoral and use it 2-3x a week, a dandruff shampoo if you have that problem and something like Loreal Vive or Infusium 23 to help thicken.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I heard jasons shampoo thin to thick is a decen thickening shampoo, i also want to get t-gel. Do you think t-gel/jasons t-thick will do the work ? I also want to know how often should i change between these shampoos. Also Nizoral is really good shampoo you think

cheers :)

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
T-gel is absolutely revered on this site and most people you talk too would recommend it. I have no personal experience with it but I would give it a try. Same goes for Jasons Shampoo.

The key I find with shampoos is that you need to have three essential types. Nizoral is a neccessity and a given because of it's anti-fungal properties. Next you have your basic dandruff shampoo which is anything from T-gel to Selsun Blue to Head and Shoulders etc. Lastly there's the shampoos that make your hair appear fuller and give it a rest from the harsher dandruff shampoos. Infusium 23, Loreal Vive and from the sounds of it Jason's Shampoo would all fit into this category. The most important thing is you rotate these types accordingly to ensure a healthy scalp.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion there kramer.

Im using avise now for about 5 months and havent seen good results thats why im going to stop this product and get the real deal minoxidil %5 8-month supply. I will use it 2x a day and i also have hair vitamins that i will use additional to that, i want to ask how shall i rotate. Like the jasons thickening shampoo use it about 1x a week and how shall i rotate between these shampoos im thinking to order ( t-gel,Nizoral,jasonst-thick)
more like different each day ? also when i apply minoxidil in the morning when im about to leave, will it make my hair sticky ? I dont want to go outside witha stick hair :freaked: My main problem is my hair is very thin and when i wet my hair a little you can clearly see my scalpe :( that is why i want to start regrowing and have a healthier scalpe so that the scalpe wont appear to others that much.

also does Revivogen really works ? i saw some before and after pictures and they are magical, does this product really worth buying ? also they have those applying little bottles, what are they for ? ill be using minoxidil and i believe it looks like that , i have to use this one too ?

Cheers again :D

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Definetly a good idea to stick with the proven treatments.

I can't really tell you an ideal way to rotate shampoos but i'll tell you my routine.

Monday --> Head and Shoulders
Tuesday --> Nizoral
Wednesday --> Infusium 23
Thursday --> Head and Shoulders
Friday --> Nizoral
Saturday --> Head and Shoulders
Sunday --> Infusium 23

In regards to dealing with the greasiness of minoxidil and having to apply it twice a day.

I've noticed the same problem. Since I'm still in High School I'm able to apply it right as I get home at 4:00 and then again before I go to bed 11:30. This schedule gives it sufficient time to dry and I dont have to worry about how my hair looks with it in. If your in High School I highly recommend this method. Worst comes to worst Dr. Lee is supposed to have a kick *** formula that dries quick like gel.

Revivogen: Can't help you there. I have no experience with the product but others here do.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ordered my minoxidil %5 :lol:
Nizoral and T-gel Shampoo

Cheers krame :wink:

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Make sure to stick with the minoxidil and don't freak out when you start to notice that your shedding more then usual. Increased shedding is common and often a good sign in the first two months of the treatment.

Best of Luck.

G

Kramer3 said:
Make sure to stick with the minoxidil and don't freak out when you start to notice that your shedding more then usual. Increased shedding is common and often a good sign in the first two months of the treatment.

Best of Luck.

Don't you know that minoxidil is the work of the devil??

:freaked2:

roman83

Reaction score
Why isn't minoxidil the answer too people who catch there balding early??

From what i read its suppose to keep those hair follicles going even though its getting attacked by DHT..

Also does any sort of thinning hairs on your head mean that you have dht or do hair follicles just kinda burp some small ones out once in a while?