about fue,will it leave dot holes in the back?

leandro

Reaction score
QUESTIONS About FUE, will it leave big holes in the back of the head after trans plant??

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, read the post about my experience with Dr. Wolf on this page. There are photos of the extraction sites.

hrscare

Reaction score
I do not think so. If you choose your doctor wisely after due research, white dots will not be a problem.

G

FUE docs are trying smaller punches as time goes on and obviously the smaller the invasion, the smaller resulting wound. The dotted effect also really depends on several factors.

The amount of extractions and their proximity to each other, how well you heal, and the degree of how healed wonds develop hypopigmented (lighter) or hyperpigmented (darker) spots which can be permanent. Of course the length you will wear your hair in the future will be a factor as well.

Either way, never be fooled or sold by anyone that FUE is a scarless technique because it simply is not true.

CCS

Reaction score
global, I saw your post, though maybe not all of it. It showed you right after surgery, not months later after you healed. How then can you say you know there will not be scars? Or were you just telling him there won't be any holes?

As for researching doctors, you can look all you want, but if they don't post 1+ month after pictures of the shaved donor area, your research won't tell you anything, and you can just role the dice.

The same is kind of true with strip procedure doctors, but as long as they do tric-closure, with internal stiches, you will probably get a very thin scar if you don't put any tension back there.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
global, I saw your post, though maybe not all of it. It showed you right after surgery, not months later after you healed. How then can you say you know there will not be scars? Or were you just telling him there won't be any holes?

As for researching doctors, you can look all you want, but if they don't post 1+ month after pictures of the shaved donor area, your research won't tell you anything, and you can just role the dice.

The same is kind of true with strip procedure doctors, but as long as they do tric-closure, with internal stiches, you will probably get a very thin scar if you don't put any tension back there.

The majority of my extraction sites were already invisible after two weeks except for a few round the side of my head which were still visible as red dots, although i hope with time they will fade too.

That's how I know there won't be scars (or very little) but obviously everone has to be aware that individual skin characteristics will determine outcomes.