About baldness myths

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vytukas666, yikes! It's amazing how many of us believe allot of these still even though they are myths. Total honesty here, I stand corrected on my belief that shaving helps your hair to grow thicker:( Ooops!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
"Some human races or ethnic groups are less prone to baldness problems then others."
It is true that by observing many pictures of men of European descent and then comparing them to pictures of men of Asian or American Indian descent it is very likely that a random observer will deduce that baldness problems seem to be much more frequent among the "European" group than in the "Asian" one. Similar observations can be done regarding the people living in most Western countries when compared to people living in "underdeveloped" or Third World countries, but lacking any official anthropological, medical and scientific research to back them up, such observations degenerate into a racial/social stereotype. A very similar stereotype exists even between the various European ethnic groups, when comparing people of Southern European descent with those of Northern European, Germanic or Slavic origins, with the stereotype summarily describing the "Southern Europeans" as darker-skinned, with more body hair, with the women more prone to cellulite problems and the men more prone to baldness, a stereotype probably developed under times of war or diplomatic tensions between European countries.

Erm..

I don't care what anyone says, southern europeans and middle-easterns DO have more body hair than northern europeans.

While this does not translate to male pattern baldness, seeing that there is a difference in body hair, I would not bet by mortgage on there being no differences in scalp hair and male pattern baldness.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
you people are freaks

and oh.... : :shock: