abortion

Jacob

Reaction score
so you have no problem with coathangers, as long as-

a)there is some antibiotics around
b)only 25 women die a year

Uh...you conveniently left out the last part: "Statistics from the agency afterwards show that the number of abortion deaths rose in 1974 and 1975, despite abortion's legality"

it's there to elicit an emotional response. There is no evidence a fetus can feel pain.

Why would it elicit an emotional response? It's just a "fetus", after all.

who said it was 'fine'? your adjective, not mine.

'choice'......you act like women are discarding these things like tissues simply because they can. You honestly don't see the decision being motivated by a little more than simply an individual exercising her choice? That just demonstrates further contempt for women- you think they wouldn't be anymore conflicted over the decision then they would be when trying to decide between the red dress over the blue one.

If you have no problem with it, it obviously is "just fine".

And actually many women are discarding these things like tissues simply because they can. When you're told it's not human..it's just a fetus etc..that's basically what they're doing. Why do you think the pro-abortion folks scream when they're told they may have to actually explain to the women what is actually happening.

But again..for those that agonize over the decisons. Why? Because it's a developing human being.

And forcing her against her will to give birth to something that shares the DNA of her rapist will be good for her mental health?

I'm not sure if I'd have the courage to ask a woman that question.

Again..Can you convince me that a woman who has an abortion for the reason you indicated won't suffer as well?

You act like killing the baby will kill the pain and suffering caused by the rape.

Again..those are a tiny amount of those that actually have abortions.

Only if she is surrounded by idealogues telling her she should hate herself for having an abortion, which I'm sure you would be one of.

Besides, that is your opinion only. Call me crazy but I hardly think the victim would believe that the opinion of a stranger would be more important than her own- do you make a habit of letting other people make choices for you in your life? do you make a habit of letting other people tell you what is good for you and what isn't it?

I just don't see there being large groups of rape victims out there being traumatised by the decision they made about whether or not to keep it.

Ah..nice try. You obviously don't know what goes on behind the counseling etc from the pro-life side. But I guess I could say- the other side just says- nothing to it. No problemo. You won't regret it.

I'm actually glad you're stuck on the rape cases. Obviously it's the easiest one to push. Now how about all the other cases?

Irrelevant.

If you force a women to give birth when she doesn't want to, be it for reasons of a carelessness over contraception, accident, change of financial circumstances or rape, then you're punishing her to satisfy your own idealogical bent.

And that would be...life.

Bekim

Established Member
Reaction score
maybes Jacob is turkey guy!!!!

Bekim sees this Jacob have picture of turkey

likes Bekim haves pictures of flags

Bekim :)

HughJass

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Uh...you conveniently left out the last part: "Statistics from the agency afterwards show that the number of abortion deaths rose in 1974 and 1975, despite abortion's legality"

do you think that's a good enough reason to return to backyard abortions?you don't think somebody undergoing the procedure would prefer a clinic even if there are risks?

and where is the more recent data? hospitals are not like they were in the 70's

Why would it elicit an emotional response?

because some people are told it's wrong and that they'll go to hell for thinking differently

hence the neuroses

And actually many women are discarding these things like tissues simply because they can.

more woman-hate

Again..Can you convince me that a woman who has an abortion for the reason you indicated won't suffer as well?

lol now you want to act like you are concerned for women's well being when you aren't even prepared to let them have a say in the matter

And that would be...life.

or just your perception of how it should be for everyone? You want people to suffer for their mistakes just so your righteous view of the world can prevail.

your arguments in a nutshell-

-women are nothing more than monstrous child killers who are morally wayward and need to be shown the error of their ways by someone who knows better (chauvinism)

-abortion is no different to murder, even though the motivation is completely different and the 'life' being taken isn't really a life as we know it in most cases (adherence to dogma)

The Gardener

Reaction score
There is one thing that bothers me MOST about the anti-choice crowd here in the US. (Now, this does not necessarily pertain to the people here arguing against choice in terminating a pregnancy, as I don't know what the rest of their political views are, but this applies in general to most of the right wing neocon types.)

The thing that bugs me most is that these same folks who argue about how abortion is killing and how EACH and EVERY life is PRECIOUS and needs a chance to SURVIVE are the same folks who on the other hand casually dismiss civilian deaths from stray bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan as "collateral damage" with a shrug of their shoulders. What about the "preciousness" of their lives? Or, if you are accepting that "collateral damage" is a tragic and unfortunate element of the human experience, then why can't the same understanding be applied to untimely or mistaken pregnancies?

Jacob

Reaction score
Women hating :shakehead:

This is what we're dealing with, folks:

fetal_fetus_at_16_weeks_s6.jpg

It's just a fetus...who cares...kill it.

The Gardener..that was one big broad brush you're sweeping there with. In case you missed it..the most pro-abortion President is in the White House at the moment. Still dropping those bombs...etc etc etc etc etc.

It DOES bother me about the innocent being killed in these "wars". I still think back to the Iraq war and wonder why we and our allies weren't able to just take out Saddam and his idiots w/out an all out war.