abdomen/stomach pains on propecia,please help!

Mental Norman

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten stomach cramps/pains on propecia??? I've been on the drug a week and these pains started yesterday. I'd like to know if this is something that will pass as my body adjusts to the medication. I'd be willing to wait it out but I would not want to deal with these pains forever! Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for caring
:)

Felk

Reaction score
I had them, and they got progressively worse, until I stopped finasteride. I've tried it twice and it kept happening. I'm going to try dutasteride once a week or so.

A question to see if they're the same thing - are your pains somewhat relieved by burping, and are you burping a lot more often now? This was the strange case with me.

Mental Norman

Reaction score
nah no burping here, it just feels like an ache or cramp type pain. Its not killing me so iam going to try to wait it out. Maybe you should give it another go too,a couple people said the side effect subsides after awhile. How long were you on propecia?

Felk

Reaction score
Mental Norman said:
nah no burping here, it just feels like an ache or cramp type pain. Its not killing me so iam going to try to wait it out. Maybe you should give it another go too,a couple people said the side effect subsides after awhile. How long were you on propecia?

It got progressively worse, though. To the degree i couldn't stretch my hands over my head without pain in my abdomen. I had to lay down on my back with my knees up for half an hour once to let myself burp more to relieve it... it wasn't good for me. Also, i got breast pain (i originally thought it was heart pain) and possibly some mooby nipples, even at .5mg

Strangely enough, dutasteride once a week has had no such side effects. Dr P, when i asked him, thought "an idiosyncratic response such as this is possible" so I guess finasteride just doesnt agree with me.

Ill keep trying though, because I feel much better about finasteride than dutasteride in the long term.