abb83's story - (MY DRAMA WITH HAIRLOSS)- pics

abb83

Reaction score
So I'm 24 yo, have been loosing my hair since I was 17. My dad and brother are bald. I started using propecia--didn't work, then went on to hair club--didn't work. When I was 23 I had my first hair transplant (1500 grafts). It actually helped me feel a lot better. I also started using DUTASTERIDE but, believe it or not, it didn't help. Actually hair loss got worse. I quit Dutas and my Dr. told me to start Propecia again, now I'm also using Rogaine foam 5% and lasercomb.

Hair loss still there, it still falling out. I'm about to get a 2nd hair transplant because I want my hairline lower. I know I'm obsessed but hair makes a person. I've gotten more flirts since I had the first surgery than ever. Specially cuz ppl like my hair it's curly, dark blonde.

But it worries me because we only have limited grafts to be transplanted (I believe 7000) My Dr says I should take the risk because he doesn't see a lot of hair loss compared to my past pics and I do trust him but I see myself in the mirror and I dont have the same full head of hairs I have and all those 3 things I'm using doesn't seem to be working very good.

Hair multiplication seems far far away from reaching the public and it should be EXTREMELY expensive. On the other hand there aren't any new drugs in prospective to come out.

Well I hate hair loss. I need to have a head full of hairs but probably that wont happen anytime soon. I'll have my hairline lowered and still be able to get more hair transplanted but it won't give me the density I need and want. And maybe I'll run out of them (I pray to God this wont happen).

Anyways yeah... I'm obsessed and sometimes depressed. I can't imagine going in the pool without having to worry how my hair will look and my bald spots show up. Specially when I see people happy with a head full of hairs enjoying the beah :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

after transplant
AD.jpg

before
CALVO.jpg

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum dude, and am sorry to hear the effect hairloss is having on you :(

Logic and scientific studies do show that dutasteride will keep your hair better than finasteride though. Maybe you should switch back?

abb83

Reaction score
thx man.. but i don't think i'll be abck to dutas soon... it really went worth with it.. i dunno.. this is horrible i just cant believe that by this time, 10 years after propecia, nothing really good has come up... i cant believe hair loss does not have a complete cure in this XXI century... its SUX!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
HM is at least 10 yrs away from getting to the public

However I am optimistic some more advanced treatments than Propecia will be developed within the next 5-10 years.

just hang in there!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
RaginDemon said:
HM is at least 10 yrs away from getting to the public

is that YOUR opinion...that you are trying to pass off as a fact?

I am willing to put money down for it. lol

RaginDemon

Reaction score
abb83 said:
i dont know if i should try avodart again... any advice?

I don't see why you don't want to do it if it worked for you.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
from the pics, i think your transplant looks good btw. Who did you go with?

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
easynow said:
from the pics, i think your transplant looks good btw. Who did you go with?

Did you use a microscope to look at the pictures ? :D
Some bigger pics Abb please.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
go back to dutasteride and your hair should be looking great for many years to come.

I agree with everyone, the hair transplant was a good job.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon, read his first post before telling him he's gonna look great for many years on dutasteride...

by the way, abb83, why dont you try had some new stuff like spironolactone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I re-read the post and I see the dutasteride didnt work for him.

I hope spironolactone will make a difference.

abb83

Reaction score
dresden said:
RaginDemon, read his first post before telling him he's gonna look great for many years on dutasteride...

i think im gonna wait for like a month and then talk to the Dr and see if i should go back to dutasteride...
and... i have no idea what spironolactone is lol

RaginDemon

Reaction score
abb83 said:
dresden said:

i think im gonna wait for like a month and then talk to the Dr and see if i should go back to dutasteride...
and... i have no idea what spironolactone is lol

Its a drug for heart disease I think.