ABandInHope's Story - ( 22 / Update Some Success)

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: ABandInHope's Story - (22)

hey dog 3 what was your level of baldness when you started to take drugs?

really ...propecia is not so scarry...at all...it has no side effect on me either...but when I started I said to myself that i will be fine...and it was...I am in the 3 rd month and nothing happens...no sides ...no regrowth...nothing...

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

good luck with the treatments man.
Im in the same boat as you were....i already have a low libido and im afraid that propecia will completely destroy it. I hope this turns out to be a success story.

Halp

Reaction score

Honestly dude get on it. Its mainly in your head. Just take note of your libido before hand and then afterwards see if theres a change. Chances are you are depressed about your hairloss which kills your libido just as much as finasteride will. So give it a go, stop stressing about it and trust the meds are working.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes dude, get on the medication. We aren't some kind of demons trying to sell you anything, no we are sufferers ourselves. Get on the medication, and enjoy your hairs for more years than originally intended to.

Halp

Reaction score

Quick update.

Noticed the last few weeks after I showered theres some hairs outside my hairline that I noticed a while ago and they are growing longer. Its still not much but its something. Gonna finish this pack of finasteride, then the next and if I still dont have what I want gonna try minoxidil.

Will upload pics when I get a chance.

Halp

Reaction score

Ha, guess I was wrong. Whatever lighting I had those other times made it look alot better. Doesnt seem to be any improvement at all in this lighting. Oh well, was nice feeling good about it working for a little while.

Halp

Reaction score
Re: ABandInHope's Story - Update Some Success - (22)

Bad at uploading pictures, dont have any this time either :thumbdown2:

Anyway! I am now in what I think is my 6th month. Been checking hairline randomly over the last 3 weeks or so and I have to say Im rather pleased and quite impressed.

Its not a huge change but it has definitely began to regrow. Not alot mind, but definitely the hairline is beginning to move in the right direction. The small hairs that I asked about early on in treatment have grown to about 2 inches in length and infront of those are smaller dark hairs that the others used to be like. So I think its going ok. Just quite glad to actually see some sort of progress.

On a negative side, I seem to be shedding ALOT all over Maybe 40 to 50 in the shower. More than I used to. I dont know what this is from, Im not too concerned as theyll probably grow back. The random ones I check dont have the loss of pigment at the base so I think that means DHT hasnt hit them yet and its just natural hair cycle. Who knows?

Anyway, I hope I can get pictures up before I go away. Speaking of which, can I bring Proscar from Ireland to the European Continent? Will I be stopped or do I need to declare it or anything?

Thanks and good luck with your own treatments. Stick at it, 6 months seems to really be the magic month where things take shape.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: ABandInHope's Story - Update Some Success - (22)

hey man hows the finasteride treating ya?