AAAAAAAAAAH

Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil foam for about 2 months now. I may have missed an application here and there some nights but going on strong 2 months and the rest of my regimen is in my sig thingy.

when i first started, i had some MAJOR shed. now i still loose hair when i comb but not to the same extent. However, the hair on top has become so diffused that has become impossible for me to comb over and hide the thinning. i'm so scared. i'm a sophomore in college for god's sake.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Keep it up and try your best not to panic. The fact that you're shedding can be viewed as a positive sign that you're responding to the treatment.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, the shedding period is scary but if you just put your faith into your treatments despite the lows there is a really great chance that you'll end up better off for it.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother...I'm goin through the same thing....I recommend shaving it. Who cares if you think you will look like a tool with a shaved head......it will look a lot better than trying to pull of a comb over. Try going to a number 3 buzz.....even better if you take it to a number one. If you look at my link on the tell your story thread...my hairloss was getting really bad....now that I shaved it you can barely tell.(with a number 1 guard....number 3 was working for a while...but now i cant' quite pull it off too well) It makes applications a lot easier too and it takes a lot of stress of having to look at those bald spots in the mirror every day. I was thinkin about rockin the shaved head until I grew some hair......I'm kinda diggin it now though i may stick with it for a while. But whether you like it or not...it will take stress off and if u can just hang in there for 3 months or so till you get some regrowth it might be worth your while. Just a suggestion though....hope all goes well with whatever you decide to do. Hang in there buddy.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
It is the most fear you will ever fear, the fear of shaving your head.

You think it will look worse.

TRUST US, it will "seem" odd to you because you've never seen it before, and your friends will rib you for a day or two, but TRUST, you will get MAD respect for doing it - it will be seen as a manly pre-emptive "f*** this" strike on your part- and it will be far easier than the constant feelings of "how does my hair look" that will torment you otherwise.

And don't half *** it, going like 3/4 inch or 1/2 and inch. Go ALL the way for best results.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

The cure is close, better to rock your grades stress free than be clucking around all freaked.

If you need a push, have some friends over with a lot of beer and bust out the clippers, let someone do it for you.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the foam for 2 month either and it works fine on me.

I don't really know if I ever had a shed. But I'm using proscar, maybe you should do the same things.