A Week In And A Couple Of Small Side Effects

Shay5670

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask for some information, I have started a 1mg finasteride treatment and have what feels like extreme tiredness and confusion in the morning when i get up for work, it goes away by midday and I have slight reduced feeling and excitement for sex.

I hear these sort of mild side effects go away in a few weeks/months. Just curious about this and if anyone has noticed the same, they are very mild so i’m not too worried just hoping it would go away after some time.

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like you are worrying of symptoms possibly from taking the drug. I would consider stopping the medication and see what happens.

PositiveThinking

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like you are worrying of symptoms possibly from taking the drug. I would consider stopping the medication and see what happens.
I'm on finasteride for almost a month, and I tell you this: you can expect to feel a bit different after a few days. First, because of the antecipation you create before starting the medication, that messes a bit with your head and you will easily link ANYTHING you feel to finasteride. Second, finasteride does influence your hormones, so it is normal that your body needs some time to adapt. For instance in the first few days my sperm was more liquid and now it is not. You should never stop the medication in the first days unless you have some kind of allergic reaction to it. Make your evaluation after 3 months, and until then just relax and think that you are perfectly fine. You could get better by stopping the medication for a few days, but what would happen next? You would just assume that finasteride is bad for you and never take it again. People need to relax and take their conclusions when they are meant to be taken.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had extreme tiredness for about 2-3 weeks when starting. Sex drive my or may not recover. Mine is greatly reduced whilst on finasteride.