a very strange feeling (numbness/hypertension) in my scalp 6 month post op

Twga1973

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am 6 mo post op FUE I had 1200 grafts, for the first two months post op I used minoxidil but I stopped after spotting heart problems. However to this day I am on Finasteride. I write this post because as soon as a second week post op or maybe earlier I noticed a very strange sensation occurring even to this day (reminder that I am 6 mo post op). The feeling I am talking about is a sudden attack of numbness combined with increased tension in the recipient area and pushing my forehead either up making it hard for me to close my eyes or down which often also pushes my eyebrows down. It occurs mainly after I encounter a stressful situation (Finasteride anxiety sometimes start to kick in) and when I'll think during that time about my transplant and then it starts. It's really strange. It feels like my blood starts filling the skin under my scalp and like my scalp is about to explode from the inside or as if somebody would press my head downwards with both of his hands or like somebody would be walking or stepping on my scalp . It does not happen as frequent as during the immediate recovery period (2 weeks - 1 month post op) but it still can deliver you a good amount of stress. Does anyone have or had this? Can somebody explain to me how to stop this from happening? I've read on RealSelf that numbness and strange feeling may occurr even after 6 months up to a 1 year post op but I am concerned mostly about the fact that it happens mostly upon thinking about it and being scared that it will start crescending. Then it starts for real. Perhaps it indicates some nerve damage. Can anybody share his thoughts about this subject.?

Last edited:

Twga1973

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nerve destruction is common in hair trasplants, surgeons know it.
Yes but
1. Do you think it is related to my condition?
2. If yes how long this sensation will last/ the nerve will repair itself and therefore it will stop?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Maybe
2. I don´t know really but probably 1 to 2 years. Brain needs time to adopt new situation but don`t repairs nerves.

Twga1973

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Did you experience such thing yourself?
2. What do you think about the fact that it happens the most upon thinking of it?

DanzlCarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like the sensations you're experiencing may be related to nerve damage or sensitivity in the recipient area. It's common for these symptoms to persist for several months post-op, but it's always best to check with your surgeon to rule out any complications or underlying issues. If you're based in Toronto, I would recommend considering consulting with a reputable hair transplant clinic like Hair Transplant Toronto that specialize in FUE hair transplantation. They will have a team of experienced surgeons who will be able to give you a professional assessment and provide you with the best advice and treatment options. They will also be able to perform any revision surgeries if it's needed.