A trillion fears about taking the hair transplant Plunge. Please help me!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I think, based on your suspicions of everything available for hairloss, you should just accept your baldness and move on.

However, if you eventually got 7,000 to 8,000 hair transplant grafts, you wouldn't have to take finasteride to keep them growing. Those hairs aren't affected by male pattern baldness.

And 7,000 to 8,000 grafts should provide a decent illusion of coverage IMHO (i.e., assuming you end up a NW6).

The choice is yours. Take the plunge or don't.

ETA: NO, I DO NOT think H&W will lie to you just to make a buck.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Look up proxiphen and spironolactone, both are topically applied creams that can help you keep what you have.

If I was you i'd get on Proxiphen, with nizoral and wait a year, see what the top looks like then get a H/T from H+W.

In the meantime you can use a concealer like Nanogen or dermatch to thicken up the appearance of what you have.

Balding Scot

Reaction score
It's funny, i looked into proxiphen and couldn't find any real evidence that they do anything at all. no one really claims it helped.

$100/month, I'd like to know it works!

And doesn't Proxiphen include spironolactone in it?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah it does.

The price is the biggest reason it's not widely used. There are success stories with proxiphen, but you have to search for them. Not many people can fork out that much for one product.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think your best bet is get on .25mg/day finasteride and start rogaine foam.

Be prepared to ride out the foam shed, if you start, it happened to me at about 3 weeks, but in combo with finasteride it is working wonders.

For what it's worth, I've come cross a much higher number of "I regret getting a hair transplant" threads than "I love my hair transplant threads".

Balding Scot

Reaction score
If I could confirm that I won't get the mental side effects I did on 1mg of propecia, I would definitely go on 0.25mg.

I'm terrified of taking the risk, because that was a hell I really can't afford to experience again.

Proxiphen. Damn....

CCS

Reaction score
Balding Scot said:
What is this other stuff that I can do?

Dermmatch and nizoral. Maybe experiment with EGCG from green tea extract.
Not sure if they have dermmatch in your color though. The light brown is exactly my color. I'm lucky.

Balding Scot

Reaction score
I'm doing Nizoral. And I'm 90% decided on trying to do 0.25mg of Propecia. I'm just waiting for a few more success stories on removing sides with lower dosage, before I pull the trigger.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
An hair transplant is gota be out of the question here. Nw6 destined with thin hair all over? no way. Dont put yourself through it. Youll end up having weird thin looking hair with possible bald spots where you have lost hair around the grafts. Youll then end up shaving it even though you have a massive scar and just spent thousands.

I hate to say it but sometimes with male pattern baldness you just have to admit defeat. With fine ginger hair it would be so much more difficult to make it look in any way thick.