A theme song for us all. My Life is Hard

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Joan, I don't see the point with waiting until my hair is super bad to wear hair, I think it's better to do it while it's still "decent" (don't know if I can call it decent though) so it's not a shock to the people around me. I think people will really tell if I go from having thin as fvck hair one day to a full head that something's goin on. Thanks for your advice but I think I'm ready to wear hair soon, getting real tired of looking and feeling like ****.

If it helps, most here agree that a wig will solve that problem for you.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
He doesn't seem jealous at all, but surprisingly happy for me.

When he learned that I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness, he actually cried.

He said he was like reliving his own hair loss situation when he was 18.

Now he's just pressuring me to grown my hair out all the time. But I already can't, not because the hair transplant didn't yield good results, but because my crown is in bad shape.

Maybe it was already before and during the hair transplant growth phase, but I guess it's more noticeable now that the transplanted hairs are really in place. You can see the fade out at the back.

So yeah, you think you're free of this crap, but it keeps catching up with you. I hope another 2000 grafts will take care of that in a few years.

It's not an emergency. When I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see, it's only when I see the back of my head that I'm like: "Well, f-ck."

thats a good attitude.
I kind of feel that way on days when my hair lays right, then 99.99999999999% of the others when it doesnt and my temples recede to my crown and my fake lame comb over flips in the wind and I see how bad the back of my head is I just get raged and want to hit people.
Honestly I see pics of me now at like 26/27 and I was no better off but some how in such a stage of denial I wasnt so worried. Or maybe it was the false hope of finasteride, minoxidil and transplants that made me a bit more positive. instead most of it are just bandaids or lies. Also could have been my relationship was much newer and I was in school and got my first house and had so much going on I just didnt notice and now Im a bit older and wanted to "enjoy myself".

EvilLocks

Reaction score
thats a good attitude.
I kind of feel that way on days when my hair lays right, then 99.99999999999% of the others when it doesnt and my temples recede to my crown and my fake lame comb over flips in the wind and I see how bad the back of my head is I just get raged and want to hit people.

I know how you feel. Something as simple as a summer breeze can make the combover come undone, or bright lights reveal scalp. You try to fix your hair to cover your bald spots, but as you do another one shows etc. It's just so unfair that we have to live our lives in fear and shame, while other people cruise through life without losing as much as a follicle. I can understand the rage part too, I am angry all the time because of what has happened to me. And I'm angry that this is ruining other people's lives as well. Sometimes I just feel like going berserk and just attack somebody, but of course I keep it all inside.

- - - Updated - - -

I get you what you mean about people wondering how your hair suddenly got so thick. Unfortunately for me, a system isn't an option because my scalp is too oily. And I refuse to wear a wig cap because it makes my head feel gargantuous, so I'd have to buzz whatever's left. That's why I'm holding out as long as possible. I really hope your hair system makes you feel better about your appearance. I'm sure you'll look (even if you don't feel) gorgeous.

Thanks Joan. My scalp is oily too, that worries me. But I've talked with the hair replacement lady about it and she says it won't be a problem. My scalp is also much less oily now that I'm on spironolactone, but I still get some grease. But I can go 3 days without washing my hair before it gets oily.