A tall husband may be the key to a happy marriage

resu

Reaction score
A study found that the bigger the height difference in a couple, the happier the woman was.

"Although it has been known that women prefer tall men in mating for evolutionary reasons, no study has investigated whether a taller husband makes his wife happier," said researcher Kitae Sohn of Konkuk University in Seoul, South Korea.

His studies revealed "a greater height difference in a couple was positively related to the wife’s happiness."

But according to Sohn, the relationship between height and happiness diminishes over time.
"(The two) gradually weakened over time and entirely dissipated by 18 years of marital duration," he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/lifestyles/...tall-husband-may-be-key-happy-marriage/npb24/

And people here think short guys don't have the short end of the stick. We've all seen short women with very tall guys and wondered who short guys would date, well now you know. I've always said short guys are more likely to date women their own height or even taller.

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess looks are more important in the beginning of the relationship while it does not matter much any longer after you stop to have a strong sexual desire for each other.

The question is if they just asked the women how happy they are or if they are happy with the height of their men. I mean there is a difference between correlation and causation. Perhaps taller men are just better lovers in general or because they have not so many insecurities in the relationship with their height.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being really short is one of the few things as bad as being bald. Feel for the balding short bros.

resu

Reaction score
When my cousin married a tall NW6 when she could have anyone, back then I pretty much realized that not being tall was a huge disadvantage. She was still in her early 20's, hence why it surprised me. They're still together and have children, so I suppose there must be some truth to this. My other cousin who isn't tall married a woman more or less the same height as him and it's she who bosses him around, she doesn't even allow him to have a fb account.

ckmsaunders

Reaction score
There's also the possibility that tall people have become more confident and secure (as a result of being tall their entire lives) and are therefore better at maintaining relationships.

Reaction score
You need enough threshold attractiveness to get practice. Otherwise, you get rejected so hard you give up and get no practice.

fallicle

Reaction score
imho physical attributes like height and looks will only bring you that far. A tall and good-looking man may attract more ladies at first, but whether or not these relationships will last really depends on whether both parties are happy over time? That said, it's also possible that the woman is happy in her relationship because she has a good-looking partner. So I guess it's more of happiness and contentment rather than looks per se.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Speaking mathematically, looks are the "necessary condition", the "necessity", whereas other factors such as value compatibility are the "sufficient condition", the "sufficiency".

You need certain minimum looks to get the foot in the door, but looks aren't sufficient to keep the relationship going. Looks are not enough.
That being said, if your looks decrease too much - to such a degree that you don't meet the minimum standards of the other party anymore - there's also a high chance of losing the relationship.

However, if you manage to maintain your (relative) looks (relative meaning here: relative to your mating peers/competitors), then the looks that got you into a relationship will also be enough to keep the relationship.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I hadn't been tall, I would have been a short bald incel forever, I'm sure of that.

If you stop desiring each other and you don't have children, it's time to end that relationship.

I don't see the point of being with a woman who isn't crazy for me sexually.

Looks (not beauty) are the foundation of any relationship. If a girl isn't attracted to you, nothing will happen.

That's how women choose their partners, they evaluate their looks and see if they feel they're compatible.

And then, personality and everything else will matter to an extent. But looks will still be the cornerstone.

The lie you often hear is that you can compensate for lack of physical attraction with behavioral traits. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Just curious...what if someone is blind? what do they base criteria on? Voice?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess I should start dating midgets lol

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess I should start dating midgets lol

yeah, I am barely 5'9", which is fine, it has never impeded my ability to date. I do mostly go for short girls though 5'5" and below. Hell, women discriminate against us not being tall, why can't we discriminate against them not being short? haha

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, I am barely 5'9", which is fine, it has never impeded my ability to date. I do mostly go for short girls though 5'5" and below. Hell, women discriminate against us not being tall, why can't we discriminate against them not being short? haha

lol. I honestly wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than me. I never have, I think most of them are uncomfortable with it

All the females I've been with have been at least slightly shorter than me

I'm 5'6.5", so I have rounded my height up to 5'7" at times lol. I believe that's the height on my drivers license

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol. I honestly wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than me. I never have, I think most of them are uncomfortable with it

All the females I've been with have been at least slightly shorter than me

I'm 5'6.5", so I have rounded my height up to 5'7" at times lol. I believe that's the height on my drivers license

you can take stock in the fact that you're the height of Tom Cruise. The biggest heart throb in the universe. :)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can take stock in the fact that you're the height of Tom Cruise. The biggest heart throb in the universe. :)

Lol if only I had the head of hair he has in his 50's at my age

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the comments in this thread and others which really make me think that even if baldness was cured tomorrow, a lot of you guys would just immediately jump to your next biggest insecurity, and then tote that as the reason you're unhappy / can't get girls / aren't doing as well as other guys.

Reaction score
Wrong, looks too, they can tell by touching your face, and them too won't be tricked into sleeping with people who are below them.

Just in case you thought you would have a shot with blind women after you hit the NW4 mark.

;)
And even if she can't tell your looks, her friends will tell her that you are beneath her and will pressure her to dump you.

resu

Reaction score
And even if she can't tell your looks, her friends will tell her that you are beneath her and will pressure her to dump you.

Yeah female friends or female colleagues or family members or a random old woman that wants to snoop on other people's business. If I had a gf I would try to keep it low key to try and avoid all of that.