A Strange, Sparse hair transplant: Wtf Kind Of Cope Is This?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats only 3 thousand grafts. a few more like that though and he might be able to shave his head but have a bit of a sparse crown. i'm sure this is just his first of a few transplants like what @shookwun did or @WhitePolarBear

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant thin.png

lol

f*****g nutjob

just shows you how limited hair transplants are

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, getting a sparse norwood 3ish is fine if you are old but that? wtf?

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from the ugliest results, that clinic has the most idiotic pricing I've ever seen:

"Each surgery day has a base price in which the transplant of 1500 hairs is included. 1500 hairs is the minimum amount of hair per transplant at our clinic. This is because transplanting less than that will not produce convincing results.
The price of any hair transplanted in addition to the 1500 hairs included in the base price is calculated per hair.
If the process takes more than one day, the price for each surgery day will be calculated using the same pricing method (daily base price + price of extra hair). Our prices are gross prices (including all taxes, etc.) so expect no additional costs.

The base price of a hair transplant is € 1875/day including 1500 hairs. The price of extra hair is € 1.25/hair."

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLuc, do you think Norwood 5 and 6 can ever be suitable for transplant? Just curious. How bout diffuse?

Very much dependent on the donor quality and actual size of the balding area. Also dependent on other factors like age, for a norwood 6 in their 50s they are likely to get a natural looking cosmetic improvement that is suited to their age but for someone in their 20s it would be unlikely

Someone balding in the norwood 5 area with an average donor should be able to to achieve a full head of hair with scalp hair alone (FUT + FUE combo that most rarely utilise), + the option of beard hair, SMP and getting some decent length to provide the illusion of density makes their hair goals very achievable for someone in that situation even with average to lesser yields over a first or second surgery. More often than not it really is just a question of money, time and desire to go through multiple surgeries unless you're a genuine norwood 6 and have a poor donor. In saying that, Joe Tillman had multiple botched surgeries, a norwood 6 pattern with an average donor with thin hair and still managed 10000 grafts (done before the implementation of some more modern techniques and usage of beneficial products like hypothermosol graft storage solutions). I know some don't like his results, personally I think it's more a design issue but no one can argue that he didn't receive a gigantic cosmetic improvement from the days that he was slick bald. Most people run out of the will and money for more surgery before they run out of grafts, unless they go to incompetent surgeons.

Diffuse has to be decided case by case, would have to ask a variety of doctors globally. Many surgeons will avoid even if they think a good result is possible as they don't want to risk their reputation over a bad result and shock loss, which is understandable. I had a lot of grafts placed into my thinning forelock however and it turned out very well.

General rule of thumb from what I see those who have a final norwood 5 pattern and average donor should still probably look to transplants and figure out if they can afford it and endure multiple procedures, those beyond that who are in their 20s or 30s are better off going down the hairpiece route, despite all the trouble that brings. Also it's all about cosmetic improvement, some people think that if you can't achieve perfection from a transplant you shouldn't get one but nothing is further from the truth.

Last edited:

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well done mate, you found what is OFFICALLY the worst transplant clinic of all time. The GOAT at cosmetic butchery.
What's worse is that they are publishing these results online as if they are good! Can't f*****g believe it!

Someone balding in the norwood 5 area with an average donor should be able to to achieve a full head of hair with scalp hair alone (FUT + FUE combo that most rarely utilise), + the option of beard hair, SMP and getting some decent length to provide the illusion of density makes their hair goals very achievable for someone in that situation even with average to lesser yields over a first or second surgery.

FUT+FUE makes sense... but that's a lot of things.... FUT+FUE+beard grafts+SMP+length to hide the thinness

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's worse is that they are publishing these results online as if they are good! Can't f*****g believe it!

FUT+FUE makes sense... but that's a lot of things.... FUT+FUE+beard grafts+SMP+length to hide the thinness

I'm not saying they HAVE to go through that, my point is that at the norwood 5 level if your donor is even average it is very unlikely that you cannot achieve good results, and you also have a wide variety of options available. Looking at your case in my opinion you are limited only by your hesitation towards surgery, not your donor.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying they HAVE to go through that, my point is that at the norwood 5 level if your donor is even average it is very unlikely that you cannot achieve good results, and you also have a wide variety of options available. Looking at your case in my opinion you are limited only by your hesitation towards surgery, not your donor.

Doing my research.... and making my financial plans.
If I ever make it out of this alive, I'll owe you one.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very much dependent on the donor quality and actual size of the balding area. Also dependent on other factors like age, for a norwood 6 in their 50s they are likely to get a natural looking cosmetic improvement that is suited to their age but for someone in their 20s it would be unlikely

Someone balding in the norwood 5 area with an average donor should be able to to achieve a full head of hair with scalp hair alone (FUT + FUE combo that most rarely utilise), + the option of beard hair, SMP and getting some decent length to provide the illusion of density makes their hair goals very achievable for someone in that situation even with average to lesser yields over a first or second surgery. More often than not it really is just a question of money, time and desire to go through multiple surgeries unless you're a genuine norwood 6 and have a poor donor. In saying that, Joe Tillman had multiple botched surgeries, a norwood 6 pattern with an average donor with thin hair and still managed 10000 grafts (done before the implementation of some more modern techniques and usage of beneficial products like hypothermosol graft storage solutions). I know some don't like his results, personally I think it's more a design issue but no one can argue that he didn't receive a gigantic cosmetic improvement from the days that he was slick bald. Most people run out of the will and money for more surgery before they run out of grafts, unless they go to incompetent surgeons.

Diffuse has to be decided case by case, would have to ask a variety of doctors globally. Many surgeons will avoid even if they think a good result is possible as they don't want to risk their reputation over a bad result and shock loss, which is understandable. I had a lot of grafts placed into my thinning forelock however and it turned out very well.

General rule of thumb from what I see those who have a final norwood 5 pattern and average donor should still probably look to transplants and figure out if they can afford it and endure multiple procedures, those beyond that who are in their 20s or 30s are better off going down the hairpiece route, despite all the trouble that brings. Also it's all about cosmetic improvement, some people think that if you can't achieve perfection from a transplant you shouldn't get one but nothing is further from the truth.
Great to hear.

I'm not sure whether to wait like 10 years until I'm in advanced balding and just get one major FUT and never worry about it again - or whether to get a FUE in 18 months and then get another in maybe 5 more years when the back thins out as well.

It comes down to whether I want to spend my mid 30s looking bald.

Diogenes

My Regimen
Reaction score