A shed means its working, right?

Dale

Reaction score
the general consensus that I'm getting from most of the threads I have read is that lasercomb sucks, but I have to say that this product has made me shed worse than anythig else, even avodart and minoxidil. I'm hoping that this is just a sign that its working, but I don't know. Has anyone else had a similar experience that turned out OK.
thanks

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of the people who bash the lasercomb do so on the grounds that they think it is a scam, not that it didn't work for them. Very few people here have tried it.

The Gardener

Reaction score
From my understanding, the lasercomb is in the midst of an FDA trial. This leads me to conclude that there is some legitimacy here.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
OK I'm confused. How do you know it's from the lasercomb, didn't you just post this yesterday?

Dale said:
Im 22 and started losing at about 18. When I was 20 I started on propecia and 5% minoxidil two times a day. I experienced decent regrowth and kept the hair I had. I'm 22 now and about 5 months ago I swited to .5mg avodart daily, and added lasercomb, nizoral, folligen, and nano shampoo. The first 3 months or so were terrible. My hair shed so damn bad I thought that I was going to lose everything, but now its all coming back in thicker than a son of a b**ch and I have a ton of thick little terminal hairs coming in all around my hairline. I don't know which treatment is doing all the work, but Im guesing its a combination of the avodart, minoxidil, lasercomb, and nizoral. If any of you are wanting to regrow serious amounts of hair, I would consider the combination. I dont think that the folligen and Nano are doing much, but Ill probably stick with them anyway. I'm thinking about trying Xandrox 15 as well. Ill keep you posted. Anyway, after reading some of the negative sh*t on here, I just thought that I would give some of you guys some hope.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
A shed means that you are responding to the treatment. Whether you will experience regrowth is user dependent. When I experienced sheds during the initial periods of using the big 3, I had confidence knowing that the sheds were a result of using the treatments I had started and I had piece of mind because of so.

G

Dale said:
Im 22 and started losing at about 18. When I was 20 I started on propecia and 5% minoxidil two times a day. I experienced decent regrowth and kept the hair I had. I'm 22 now and about 5 months ago I swited to .5mg avodart daily, and added lasercomb, nizoral, folligen, and nano shampoo. The first 3 months or so were terrible. My hair shed so damn bad I thought that I was going to lose everything, but now its all coming back in thicker than a son of a b**ch and I have a ton of thick little terminal hairs coming in all around my hairline. I don't know which treatment is doing all the work, but Im guesing its a combination of the avodart, minoxidil, lasercomb, and nizoral. If any of you are wanting to regrow serious amounts of hair, I would consider the combination. I dont think that the folligen and Nano are doing much, but Ill probably stick with them anyway. I'm thinking about trying Xandrox 15 as well. Ill keep you posted. Anyway, after reading some of the negative sh*t on here, I just thought that I would give some of you guys some hope.

first up congrats on your success.

I use Proscar, Minoxidol and Nizoral and to be honest it is impossible to say which of these three is producing my modest results

Looking at all that stuff you are using/have used

Lasercomb
Propecia
avodart
folligen
Nano
minoxidil
Nizoral
and thinking of sticking Xandrox 15% into the mix

I would say It would be impossible to attribute your success to a single product and if you want to keep it going you will have to keep them all up!

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
A shed means that you are responding to the treatment.
A shed can also mean that male pattern baldness takes its toll if you are NOT responding to the treatment.

avri

ShedMaster

Reaction score
avri said:
ShedMaster said:
A shed means that you are responding to the treatment.
A shed can also mean that male pattern baldness takes its toll if you are NOT responding to the treatment.

avri

well that depends on the definition of a shed. Shedding is generaly used to describe hair being discarded that is above and beyond your normal hairloss rate due to the hair follicles being 'awakened' by the treatment.. ie, propecia, minoxidil. If your normal hairloss rate is 50 hairs per day and you start minoxidil resulting temporarily is 500 hairs lost per day, that is shedding.