A Second Minoxidil Shed Almost 6 Months In?

Worriedbaldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little background: im a 19 year old guy that had Telogen Effluvium awhile back that exposed an early male pattern baldness. My hairline was like a Norwood 1.5 with thinning up to a Norwood 2, now it’s basically a 1.5 with slight slight thinning at the corners 5.5 months into treatment with minoxidil. I had one EXTREME and I do mean extreme shed when I first started, but afterwards had fantastic results with really thick hair all over once again. Enter the problem:

I’ve been shedding hair lately, probably for the past 3 or so weeks. My hair itches like a motherfucker down my part line where I apply minoxidil, and it’s constantly shedding short 1-2 inch long hairs that seem plenty thick, and also a lot of thin really tiny wispy hairs. When I say down the line of my part, I mean exclusively down the part as well. It is not super generalized thinning, it’s very strongly localized in that one line. I’ve also been shedding a few longer hairs, but almost nothing as long as my normal hair length which is now almost 6 inches. Furthermore, if I do a light pull on the hair from the root I usually am able to pull up 2-4 small hairs every time I do it, even when pulling very lightly.

It actually doesn’t itch at all along the hairline where I put my minoxidil though, and my hairline looks like it’s still getting even thicker with many new hairs sprouting along the edge of it. It’s just down the part that is thin, and strangely enough none of the balding men in my family have any thinning hair just in this weird line.

https://imgur.com/a/ljW1gjq
Here’s a picture of my hair wet and combed forward. You can see exactly where it’s thinning in practically a straight line, which is exactly the line where I apply minoxidil.

If it matters, I had a fungal infection on my scalp about a month and a half ago that I used ketoconazole 2% every day for two weeks to cure. My doctor told me it would be gone, but idk if it really went away because the itching never did, but there are no more red pimple-like bumps on my head so I assume it’s gone.

I just want to know, is this a normal minoxidil shed or is my balding too strong and finally overpowering me?

Last edited: