A Reunion With An Ex - Reports From The Baldosphere

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who's followed even a handful of my posts will know that I get low. Sometimes, real low. Sometimes, these episodes of depression are random, sporadic, and have no discernible cause. More often, however, there is a concrete reason for the dips. This post is an account of my most recent, hair-related low and the episode that caused it.

Recently, I made the decision to reconnect with some old school friends, many of whom I hadn't seen in several years. Yes, it was 5 years on and we were all, inevitably, very different people, but by and large the enterprise had been a successful one. Until, that is, I got back in touch with an ex. I hesitated before clicking the send button, in truth, for though we'd had a good split and had remained friends for almost a year after the relationship ended, I worried about how it might look. When you reconnect with an ex, however short the relationship, there's always the expectation or, at least, the possibility of something more. Does he REALLY just want to be friends? We have history after all...

I clicked send. To my surprise, she messaged quickly back. Perhaps this shouldn't have been so surprising. She was a 5, maybe a 6 out of 10 who, while she hadn't lost her charm, hadn't suddenly trebled her breast size or picked up a curvier arse either. There are no pictures of me online. As far as she knows, I'm still Chad lite. She always had a huge sexual appetite - loved to fool around with guys. She was being fun, flirty and even just a little bit overtly sexual. Why wouldn't she want to take me out for a ride?

Then, inevitably it came: "What's your Snapchat? Let me snap you" she played. Suddenly, the whole situation changed. I panicked and told her I didn't have it, but she insisted I send her a pic before she would meet up. I sent the pic.

Later, in my depressive spiral, I would wish I had just catfished her. Sent over a 3 year old pic of me with an NW2, a healthy glow to my skin - a holiday snap. As it was, I sent her a selfie. Bad lighting, several Instagram filters. No hat. The conversation tailed off. She started referring to me explicitly as "mate". Eventually, I pulled the plug.

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it: there really is no substitute for first hand experience of the before and after effect of baldness on your sex life. Virtually everyone, if they really think about it, can figure out that hairloss isn't good for you in the abstract. Seeing the change in the concrete, however, is another kettle of fish entirely. Maybe 50% of the time, I feel good about my hairloss. 30% a little bad. 20% terrible. This was a 20% time.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use concealers? I've run into exs that saw me back when I was thinning and now have the illusion of pretty much perfect hair and I always just say "it is amazing what being in a good relationship did to my health."

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If 50% of the time you feel good about your hair loss, then you doing just fine. I feel like sh*t cause of my hairloss 99% of the time

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use concealers? I've run into exs that saw me back when I was thinning and now have the illusion of pretty much perfect hair and I always just say "it is amazing what being in a good relationship did to my health."
I should have said: I'm a slick bald NW5/6, so concealers wouldn't work for me. I used them for a bit when I was slightly thicker, but by the time I'd figured out Toppik existed, everyone in my immediate circle had already seen my hair thin. The concealer couldn't fool them.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Running into one of my exes is my biggest phobia.
Luckily, most of the really significant exes I've had, I was dating while I was losing hair. Still, it has been humiliating running into them though. There's a huge difference between a thinning NW3 and a full blown NW5. Worse, virtually all of my exes have, if anything, got hotter rather than following me into decline. I don't resent any of them their successes and wish them well, but it's tough when you've gone from chadlite to incel and they're living their dreams. I haven't felt young or been attached to any youthful activities in 5 years. If I do go to any gatherings then it's as the equivalent of a background dancer. No chance of getting laid, no one wants to talk to me: all I am is meat in the room.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If 50% of the time you feel good about your hair loss, then you doing just fine. I feel like sh*t cause of my hairloss 99% of the time
Well, good was perhaps an overstatement. 50% of the time it doesn't really bother me. I'm aware that it sucks but I get on with life. 30% or whatever it's on mind, I'll fixate on people's hairlines in public, see a hot girl and get depressed that I don't have a chance. Final 20% is full blown depression, struggle to get out of bed, can think of nothing else, fleeting sketchy thoughts of suicide.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a post a few years ago about running into someone from high school. They asked me if I was Exodus and I flat out lied .

Definitely one of my worst fears to run into people who knew me as a full head. I cant even imagine how bad it would be running into an ex. I guess this is one time being an incel is good

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, good was perhaps an overstatement. 50% of the time it doesn't really bother me. I'm aware that it sucks but I get on with life. 30% or whatever it's on mind, I'll fixate on people's hairlines in public, see a hot girl and get depressed that I don't have a chance. Final 20% is full blown depression, struggle to get out of bed, can think of nothing else, fleeting sketchy thoughts of suicide.
I literally have not had energy ever since I went bald. It's been so long that I've forgotten what it felt like. my energy levels are that of a 90 year old man, i feel like my bones are made of concrete

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should have said: I'm a slick bald NW5/6, so concealers wouldn't work for me. I used them for a bit when I was slightly thicker, but by the time I'd figured out Toppik existed, everyone in my immediate circle had already seen my hair thin. The concealer couldn't fool them.

Ever consider a hair system? I'd go that route if slick.... I've seen them do wonders for people.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Luckily, most of the really significant exes I've had, I was dating while I was losing hair. Still, it has been humiliating running into them though. There's a huge difference between a thinning NW3 and a full blown NW5. Worse, virtually all of my exes have, if anything, got hotter rather than following me into decline. I don't resent any of them their successes and wish them well, but it's tough when you've gone from chadlite to incel and they're living their dreams. I haven't felt young or been attached to any youthful activities in 5 years. If I do go to any gatherings then it's as the equivalent of a background dancer. No chance of getting laid, no one wants to talk to me: all I am is meat in the room.
Join the club.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you always the brunt of jokes in the office like I am?...I could have the best cone backs on the planet, it doesnt matter, they all team up and keep firing for no reason. I ignore them and they keep going and laugh at each others jokes toward me..cant win. "Hey let's pick on the unattractive one!" Its bs.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you always the brunt of jokes in the office like I am?...I could have the best cone backs on the planet, it doesnt matter, they all team up and keep firing for no reason. I ignore them and they keep going and laugh at each others jokes toward me..cant win. "Hey let's pick on the unattractive one!" Its bs.
Yeah, it's bs. To be honest, the guys in my office are actually pretty good. I've never been mocked for my baldness and consider them all friends. In other settings, however, I've been ostracized because of it. Sometimes it's just subtle, but it's there. The biggest deficits are romantic, rather than social, though. Unless you're Kelly Slater, it's impossible to generate real attraction with goodlooking women when you're bald.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever consider a hair system? I'd go that route if slick.... I've seen them do wonders for people.
I have actually tried one; for a short while. Overall though, I didn't like it. It's a lot of hassle and while the reward is great, you get petrified that it's going to fall off or that you'll otherwise get discovered. It's a case of brilliant in theory, less than successful in practice, in my view.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally have not had energy ever since I went bald. It's been so long that I've forgotten what it felt like. my energy levels are that of a 90 year old man, i feel like my bones are made of concrete
Yes, it saps my energy too. I think this is partly the depression, partly all the brainpower and mental energy spent thinking and worrying about it. Cognitive tax (Google it) is a thing and for baldness it certainly takes its toll. I don't know if I'd quite peg myself as a "90 year old man" LOL but I feel older than my age, that's for sure. All of my friends and hopping from cool jobs to cool gigs, travelling, living life in the fast lane. I've been at a standstill for years.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a post a few years ago about running into someone from high school. They asked me if I was Exodus and I flat out lied .

Definitely one of my worst fears to run into people who knew me as a full head. I cant even imagine how bad it would be running into an ex. I guess this is one time being an incel is good
You lied? Well played mate, well played. I would have done the same if I could, but unfortunately, I've got a very distinctive face and it would be difficult to get away with. I also wouldn't have the stones.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You lied? Well played mate, well played. I would have done the same if I could, but unfortunately, I've got a very distinctive face and it would be difficult to get away with. I also wouldn't have the stones.
lol so did I and I still got away with it. i was one of only a handful of non black or white kids at my old school.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it saps my energy too. I think this is partly the depression, partly all the brainpower and mental energy spent thinking and worrying about it. Cognitive tax (Google it) is a thing and for baldness it certainly takes its toll. I don't know if I'd quite peg myself as a "90 year old man" LOL but I feel older than my age, that's for sure. All of my friends and hopping from cool jobs to cool gigs, travelling, living life in the fast lane. I've been at a standstill for years.

how old are you?

and honestly if you go the "MGTW" route way of thinking the depression gets better.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you?

and honestly if you go the "MGTW" route way of thinking the depression gets better.
Yes, I try to do this. Maybe 50-60% of the time I succeed, but the rest of the time it's hard. One of the things that's been most useful has been blanket banning and removing myself from social media, as well as cutting out any girls and girl-friends, even some guy ones as well. I find that I have to be very binary. Either I cut off the social and romantic world completely or I wallow in it.