A rather simple question regarding telogen hair shed

samsam

Reaction score
Hello, folks. I have a rather simple question that I could not find anywhere else on the Web or reading through these forums, and was wondering if any "experts" out there knew the answer

My question is this: once a telogen hair is shed from the scalp, how long does it take to visibly see a new hair emerge from the pore?

Thank you!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've heard that once it's shed and goes into the "resting" phase, then it will take about 3 months to come back to life.

samsam

Reaction score
oh

Oh, okay.

You mean 3 months until you can visibly see a new hair poking out? I'm not talking about the period of time it takes for it to mature into a normal-sized, thick hair, I'm only talking about the time period before you actually see a baby hair poking out from the pore

samsam

Reaction score
I've heard that once it's shed and goes into the "resting" phase, then it will take about 3 months to come back to life.

Forgive my ignorance, but I believe that the hair goes into a "resting phase" first, and then it is shed. Not the other way around, as you imply.

So I presume you're talking about the hair follicle itself that goes into a resting phase?!? I'm confused.