A Randomized, Single-blinded, Vehicle-controlled Study Of A Topical Active Blend In The Treatment

Sweuser

Reaction score
Abstract
Introduction: Αndrogenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the most common hair disorder, affecting approximately 50% of men and women. A topical lotion that contains two patented formulas (Redensyl® and Sepicontrol A5®), has been introduced as an alternative approach to standard therapies for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Methods: Forty-four patients with Androgenetic Alopecia were randomized either to apply the active lotion or the vehicle, twice daily for 24 weeks. Subjects were evaluated at 0, 12, and 24 weeks by clinical examination, photographic documentation, quality of life evaluation (DLQI), and trichogram (anagen to telogen ratio).

Results: Forty-one patients, 18 males and 23 females, completed the study. Among patients receiving active treatment (n=26), 7.7% had great improvement, 73.1% had moderate improvement and 19.2% remained stable. The median self-assessment score increased from 4 at baseline to 6 at 24 weeks (p<0.001), while the DLQI improved from 4 to 3, respectively (p<0.001). The median anagen to telogen ratio increased from 2.25 to 4.00 to 6.02 at week 0, 12 and 24, respectively. No significant adverse events were reported.

Conclusion: This new topical active blend is effective in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, with high degree of patients' satisfaction, improvement of quality of life, and an excellent safety profile. Thus, it may represent a useful alternative therapeutic approach for Androgenetic Alopecia. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/dth.13734

Sweuser

Reaction score
How much Redensyl ? Super vague study.

Yeah, It's not the best. Here's some info:

"Redenyl, a new active blend for topical use, has been introduced for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. It contains two patented formulas: Redensyl® 3%, Sepicontrol A5® 4%, and Menthol 1.5%. Redensyl® is composed of glycine, zinc chloride, sodium meta-bisulfite, larix europea wood extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, glycerin and water. As active ingredients it contains two patented molecules, dihydroquercetin-glucoside (DHQG) and epigallocatechin gallate-glucoside (EGCG2), which are two stabilized polyphenols targeting the outer root sheath stem cells and the fibroblasts of the dermal papilla. Glycine and zinc are both involved in the hair metabolism. On the other hand, Sepicontrol A5® contains capryloyl glycine, sarcosine and cinnamonum zeylanicum bark extract. It exhibits several actions including 5α reductase activity and antiinflammatory effect that might be beneficial in Androgenetic Alopecia."

It's from the paper...

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The issue I have with these magical list of stuff that's good for your hair is the same as when I eat a French gastronomic meal: it looks delicious but there is never enough ingredients to feed me unless I pay lots of money.

Sweuser

Reaction score
The issue I have with these magical list of stuff that's good for your hair is the same as when I eat a French gastronomic meal: it looks delicious but there is never enough ingredients to feed me unless I pay lots of money.

Yes, l was mostly interested since I've been thinking about adding DHQG and EGCG2 to my regimen. Not too much evidence backing it rn, but a lot of new products have been coming with those ingredients.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this part of The Ordinary composition? At the price a bottle is sold it can't hurt.